Credit Agricole Autobank

debs90

Our branch of Credit Agricole has recently gone over to an autobank, I tried to pay some money in at the weekend,  now my french is not to bad but do you think I could work the machine and with no cashiers to ask I ended up bringing my euros back to England with me.  We are going back soon and would like to try again, has anyone got experience of using these machines to pay in and any ideas on what option to choose after you have put your pin in, I tried every option and got nowhere.  Many thanks

Can't remember offhand as it's a while since I paid money in. 

I do know, however, that once you have the envelope from the machine, you need to put in name and account details and also, annoyingly, fill in correctly the denominations of the notes.  Eg, say 1 of  €50 and then 5 of €20 and so on.

Shouldn't present a problem to the numerate but for someone like me, who can't ever work out the correct scores on a darts board, it's not the simplest thing to do.  It's best to write it all out beforehand so that you can transfer the figures to the envelope.

I was always afraid that I'd be timed out and have my card returned!

Our CA has two access points, one for paying in, the other for withdrawals.

In our case it couldn't have been easier. Insert card and input pin, welcome message by name, which language did we prefer. Notes are then placed in a tray (maximum number of notes stated), machine takes notes then says (something like)...you have input 10 notes totalling 250 euro....is this correct...press yes button....do you wish to proceed with a deposit into account  **********....press yes button - and hey presto, mini statement confirming deposit.  Your machine may of course be different.

Our machine quite different to that!  You put in card, take it out again (!), put in pin. Then put cash or cheque into envelope, filled in as to what you are paying in.  (Get envelope and slip in advance and fill in, as this is quicker).  Tell machine how much you are paying in, in total, then slot opens, put in envelope. Slip to confirm, like a cash receipt. 

Mark you, that cannot confirm that what you said is actually what you paid in, but we have not tried entering an incorrect amount..

Not simple but once done no problem next time.

Our branch has the machine even though there are staff but it is the only way you can pay in. Staff are just for answering questions.  Only way to get money out is the other cash machine.

H.

Local branch machine is different again.

After filling in a slip (retaining copy) and adding your notes to the envelope, you insert your card, input your PIN and withdraw your card. After exactly 5 seconds (not 4 or 6) you have to pull down the one-armed-bandit handle which opens the slot into which you drop the envelope.

Bit like Las Vegas but you get to keep your money.

The last time I put money in my branch in 85 it has the one arm bandit machine but have never had to put card in any where, fill in the envelope found on the side, take top copy for reference then pull down one arm bandit and slip it in.   This is the way we have been putting cash in for 4 years. 

j  XX

[quote user="Maricopa"]As opposed to the thousands of times you have seen her take money OUT of the other gizmo[6][/quote]Didn't know you knew her [blink]

She once had her credit card stolen but I didn't report it because the thief was spending less than her [Www]