Super U loyalty card points

If you have no absolute need of the points on your card you might like to consider donating them to charity. If you do this, the supermarket will double the points given, in the form of a cash equivalent which is used for health projects in the Third World, such as inoculation, supplying clean water kits and the like. The stores have a booklet which shows what the points are worth and to which charity they go.

Just a thought at this time of plenty, it only takes three minutes and it gives you a good feeling too.

Hi!

Are you certain that the ruling you have posted applies generally, or just locally to your specific  Supermarket?

If  it was the case ( i.e; it applied everywhere) , I am certain that your suggestion  would be more generally known and publicised by associations.

But I could be wrong.

Yours,

giantpanda

Back in the UK we support the Dogs Trust and all such things.  Wildlife and the like the Organic Gardening People up in the Midlands.

As to Super U and Hyper U we have amassed some thousands of points since we arrived here in the Vendee from Normandie.

Would really like to donate these points to someone who could really use them.  Not a problem.  But I am a cynic unfortunately and would like some absolute commitment that they will be used for the purpose they are intended.

Our Foreign and Commonwealth guys in the UK have in the past sent huge amounts to deserving nations in Africa and which are now in Bank Accounts in Switzerland.

Some charitable events also have derived millions of pounds for good causes but are we sure they arrive at their destination.

Perhaps I should just donate and hope?

Dragonrouge

Unfortunately I share your cynicism,  if there were a concrete, absolute method of knowing that those who deserve whatever we can donate, actually get it I would have no problem in donating a certain proportion of my pension each month..........but until then, no way Jose!!

SuperU makes its donations via Action against Hunger (www.actioncontrelafaim.org) and as far as one can tell from that website, donations are channelled directly through local and expat staff working in the field, not via the governments of the countries concerned. Of course we can never be sure that every cent of every euro given goes where it should but I would think that money (or SuperU points) donated in this way stand a better chance than most.  The SuperU website (www.magasins-u.com , under the section 'Carte U') describes how the supermarket chain supports ACF in several different ways.