Forum Conduct?

Gastines

[quote user="Sprogster"]

The only reason I joined the 'other' forum is that it seems to be far more active for some reason. Maybe, because yet another forum has been combined into it.

I prefer this forum and have been a member for some time but is has been a bit quiet recently!

[/quote]

Ditto.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic example of a modern-day blanket approach to try to solve a specific problem, and much easier than actually targeting the individuals concerned.

It doesn't work, of course, and merely divides people into 'camps' who will fall on one side or the other.

You get 'muppets' on all forums from time to time. They usually b*gg*r off in time when the message that they are not welcome sinks in.

"The fun is to try and maintain separate personalities on different forums"  quote Woolybanana

Yes Wooly it might be fun to have different, separate personalities or names on differents forums - or even on the same one, but you were not that much different on TF.

Another FF member was quite different, no longer a gentleman in my opinion. 

Tegwini

What was happening there was not particularly bad. There has been worse. But since TF has been sold or taken over, there is a very slow and subtle turning of the screw in favour of a more France based and less wide ranging content and a less tolerant approach.

In addition, the weather has been cold and miserable making people grumpy, many are very unhappy with the effects of the recession on their way of life and they need an outlet for their feelings. So, they take it out on each other on the forum. That is probably inevitable and no bad thing. The moderators seem oblivious to this safety valve need.

[quote user="cassis"][quote user="tegwini"]

Another FF member was quite different, no longer a gentleman in my opinion. 

[/quote]

Stop being such a tease - give us a clue! 

[/quote]

Yes, c'mon Teg, spill the dirt............................[:D]

[quote user="tegwini"]

...how rude the posters were, how illogical much of it is,  and how some were quite bossy and demanding- for example demanding apologies from a poster for something they disagreed with.

Some of the posters there are on this forum, some are,  in fact quite well known on this forum.   One in particular comes over quite differently - and not IMO in a good light.  

[/quote]

I'm sure Tegwini is far too polite and considerate to name names on forum.

Put those spoons away boys [:)]

EDIT, our posts crossed Tegwini. 

[quote user="Gastines"]

I still don't know which forum it actually came from.

Regards.

[/quote]

I was under the impression that it was against the code of conduct of this forum to openly discuss the shortcomings and/or benefits of other forums which is why I and others did not actually spell out the name - but it would be perfectly clear for anybody following the link from the second post on page 2 (repeated by SD and others).

I've been accused (wrongly) of being all sorts of people on other forums, more of them being of the d***head variety than helpful and sensible people that I don't see what harm there would be in revealing the suspicions. The person concerned will only deny it of course.

[quote user="woolybanana"][quote user="tegwini"]

I  have never posted on this forum & thus have not received that email.

Some of the posters there are on this forum, some are,  in fact quite well known on this forum.   One in particular comes over quite differently - and not IMO in a good light.   Goodness knows, some of them need to get a life and get out a bit more.

Regards

Tegwini

[/quote]

The fun is to try and maintain separate personalities on different forums.

[/quote]

You mean you really try to be different?  Impossible, tag. Your true colours always shine through.  [6]

[quote user="Patf"]

You mean you really try to be different?  Impossible, tag. Your true colours always shine through.  [6]

[/quote]

Yes - yellow and green swirls with dainty splashes of crimson and sequinned detailing.  Topped off with a pink lace bow.

[quote user="odile"]Hmmm, Randy - a few tales I could tell about her behaviour in my village at Christmas ... but it would definitely be edited out (those knickers! really- you must have a word)
[/quote]

Oh, Odile, you did ask me about Randy's knickers before Christmas but I couldn't post a reply because I was having computer problems.

Alors, revenons a nos moutons!  Randy's knickers are the sort that they display outside Anne Summers' Shops and which make you take sneaky looks whilst pretending to be interested in something else across the street.