RBS

Scooby

Barclays must be breathing a sigh of relief that they lost that battle.  [Www]

With a new management team in place it's a fairly obvious move to clear out anything that looks slightly suspicious and blame it on the outgoing managers. I agree, expect a lot more of the same from the others, that's if they've got any sense.   [:P]

Sir Tom McKillop and Sir Fred Goodwin, Chairman and Chief Executive respectively, have both gone. Both have apologised for their leadership of RBS and accepted full responsibity for what has happened. The rest of the blood letting will be done more privately.

I can't bank apologies.

I note one of the architects of the incipient disaster is not mentioned: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Mathewson

If most business owners screw up, they often not only lose their business, but their home.

About time that these clowns with their insane greed and lack of probity suffered a similar fate, IMHO.

Why should it be the poor long suffering taxpayer, time after time, who is compelled to bail out a string of disasters, whilst the perpetrators swan off  in the sunset to their Caribbean homes?

Take pensions, for example: the taxpayer has been forced to pay vast sums into the pension protection fund when it started: and now they will have to pay more.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article5536942.ece

The reality is that struggling pensioners will pay more tax to fund pensions which have been stolen by chicanery, devious practices and dupliticious directors.

By Ring Fencing pension funds away from their sponsoring employer (as Thatcher's minister Norman Fowler promised and didn't: surprise!), years ago, all this could have been avoided.

About time there was some clear accountability and a reckoning in my book!

I haven't checked the values given, but someone sent me this.................

1 year ago the Royal Bank of Scotland paid $100bn for ABN Amro.

On today's valuations the amount they paid could now buy:

Citibank $22.5bn

Morgan Stanley $10.5bn

Goldman Sachs $21bn

Merrill Lynch $12.3bn

Deutsche Bank $13bn

Barclays $12.7bn

And with the change $8bn .....they would be able to pick up
           GM, Ford, Chrysler and the Honda F1 Team.

How the world has changed. At the time Santander, Fortis and RBS thought they'd got a fair deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!