moving back to UK

I am usually such an organised person but I am all over the place because of this move. I don't want to take all my belongings back to UK

so I need to sell things, and some freebies too. I will do a vide grenier. I want to know am I am allowed to have a private sale in my garden. I think not , but thought I would ask.  I'll use Anglo info, any other suggestions.

Hello Mooky

Can't help on your question although agree AI is a good place to put things, I am going back too and I'm not taking any furniture at all, it's so liberating don't you think?  I have had to lumber some good friends with things which is a shame but I expect to have my house back as a holiday home one day (rented at the moment) so I will use the stuff eventually.

Good luck with your move!

Panda

V.G's are a good starting point. We do one a year to clear out the surplus and as long as you are realistic with the prices you should clear lots of small items. Troc's add on about 35% and if the article doesn't sell quickly, the price is reduced by 20% each month. With reference to the Garden Sale, best person is to ask is the maire.Ref A.I. it is useful for selling larger household items but you will get plenty of timewasters who want photos [for their collection ] and whatever you do, don't put your e-mail address on the site or you will have several offers to buy it unseen,pay by cheque to your bank and arrange to have it shipped to Nigeria or the Gold Coast. If you advertise something for a cheap price of £50 you are bound to get"Will you take £10 for it and can you deliver". That's before they view the item. Anyway,Bonne Chance.

Regards.

I looked every day on the thread you posted and was so sad to see you didn't have any answers. I so hope you find them good homes., Can anybody out there help? Have you been in touch with some of your local refuges?

Bonne chance to you all.

Oh how awful!  I have had to rehome cats too, I had a cat adopt me and have her kittens, I have rehomed all of the kittens but no one wants to take on an older cat it would seem.  I have a friend who is taking mine until her passport comes through then I'll come back and take her with me, could you not do the same?  I'm sure if you advertised for a temp home you might have more luck.