can someone help thicko Mooky

As you may know I am moving back to UK.

I have been allocated 18 cubic metres in a van. Great, but I have no idea how large 18 cubic metres is.

My kitchen has 1square foot floor tiles. I want to map it out using these, but how do I do it. I am more artistic that mathematician, and how high up to I imagine. Thanks clever people! 

To calculate cubic metres: (using metre measurements) multiply the length by the width, then multiply the result by the height.

There is not one single way to simulate this, as many combinations of measurements can give you 18 m3...

For a rough idea, taking 3 tiles = slightly under 1m, you could try:

• 9 tiles long x 6 tiles wide x 9 tiles high (3m x 2m x 3m = 18)
  • 9 tiles long x 9 tiles wide x 6 tiles high (3m x 3m x 2m = 18)
  • 13 tiles long x 6 tiles wide x 6 tiles high (4.5m x 2m x 2m = 18)

Clare's hit upon what I think is the flaw in being given the space in this way.  It's not all that much use if you can't appreciate the shape of it. For instance it could be 1x1x18 (unlikely, I know) or 1x 2x9 or one of Clare's more user-friendly shapes.  I'd be inclined to ask for a bit more info' on what to expect if I were you.  Can I assume you are sharing a load with another person,or is it a crate or similar?  If the latter then why not ask for the dimensions which I think would be a lot more helpful, myself.

As a further pictorial demonstration the Ifor Williams BV126 trailer shown below is 3.6m x 1.73m x 2.14m which equates to 14.38m3

Don't know how much stuff you have Mooky but FWIW I have an 8m3 box trailer and it took me about 8 trips to move all our crap, I mean stuff !

That's ignoring what went into the back of the estate car tow vehicle of course.

[img]http://www.iwt.co.uk/products/images/bv6_2.jpg[/img]