The Odour

Time to cut the lavender around here.  They've been at it for the last week or so from 07.00. 

There are hectares of it around and about, but one local  man grubbed up his vines 2 yrs ago and re-planted lavender, probably to supplement the adjoining fields.  From mid-June, it was 'stop & photograph' stuff - brilliant colour.

Now the cropping: the odour wafts across in the early evening.  Goes down well with a glass or three of chilled Rose. 

I'll bet that some of them have taken all week to get off the mountain, eh Lori?

As for the best areas etc, I always thought that Grasse was supposed to be the Premier League, but maybe that's just to do with the perfume industry?

The lady around here who has most of the fields under cultivation sends her crop off to the Drome for processing, presumably in to oil.

Next will be the vendange, with trails of grape juice coming from the back of the trailers on their way to the co-op. 

You are so right Gardian.  Always something heh ...

Yes, the Tour tourists lingered in Bedoin for several days after the race.  I have NEVER seen so many tourists here before - not even the last time the Tour came through here.

Husband mentioned perhaps going to the lavender festival in Sault, as he has never been.   Just not sure if I can deal with the crowd.