Are anti-British incidents on the increase?

Hello

Having been in the UK for a couple of months on french plates I have yet to be abused, the only thing that's happened which made me stand and stare was on exiting my car at work a workmen down a hole said Bonjour, ca va! I was shocked and responded then continued to chat in english, it was so unexpected!

Sadly during my 6 years in France I was asked on numerous occasions what was I doing in France, and not in a nice way, outside the school, the hairdressers etc. My son also had a fair bit of racism pointed his way, get to the back of the line, France is for the french, tht kind of thing from a fellow 7 year old!

I think it's naive to think the french don't moan about the Birts behind their back. We were blamed for house price increases before, now the exodus has started we will also be blamed for them crashing do doubt!

A certain well known DIY store in Ruffec (when we lived there) made disparaging remarkes about the british when they thought that said brits could not speak French. They forgot that their, considerable, expansion was due to the large number of brits renovating etc. I suspect that the downturn will also be blamed on the brits.