Fill your tanks ,French oil strike

krusty

Its simply the market forces reacting to a perceived reduction in supply and a very real ,albeit unecessary, increase in demand known as panic buying.

As usual I wont refill fill my tank until  it is empty, which could be up to a month from now dependant on my journeys, it will be interesting to see what the price will be then, I reckon that it will have dropped but it never seems to go down as much or as fast as it goes up.

I think the link Coops posted was telling us the strike will soon be over.

It could be "super-nic" has stepped in.

"President Nicolas Sarkozy ordered French oil giant Total not to shut its refineries Tuesday, intervening in an industrial row over jobs in the troubled sector weeks ahead of regional elections."

Memo to unions ......elections are a good time to ask for what you want. [Www]

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100223/tbs-sarkozy-backs-france-s-troubled-oil-5268574.html

[quote user="dragonrouge"]If the Air Traffic Controllers are on strike that must mean that the French Rugby lot will not be able to make Cardiff on Friday night. If they do not turn up can we claim the game please.[/quote]

So that should guarantee that the ATC's will not go on strike ....  sporting pride and all that!

[quote user="Chancer"]

Its simply the market forces reacting to a perceived reduction in supply and a very real ,albeit unecessary, increase in demand known as panic buying.

As usual I wont refill fill my tank until  it is empty, which could be up to a month from now dependant on my journeys, it will be interesting to see what the price will be then, I reckon that it will have dropped but it never seems to go down as much or as fast as it goes up.

[/quote]

As mentioned before, I was in petrol retailing during a far more serious situation than this pussycat hiccup. And as I said then "It's an ill wind".  Somebody gave me a good bit of advice a long time ago and it was "when you hear knocking be sure you can tell the difference between opportunity and the bailiff". All too often I had difficulty in telling the difference, so I elbowed my way in yesterday and filled up.[:D]