French roundabouts - "le rond point?"

[quote user="Chancer"]

They had a square about in the UK town I was born in over 40 years ago, I built a tree house on the only tree left standing on the sea of mud in the middle, my big sister worked in the civil service tower block that overlooked it, one day her supervisor said "will you just look at those filthy urchins down there!" she looked down to see her baby brother smiling and waving at her.

Crawley, West Sussex by any chance

8 years later and unbeknown to me at the time the whole office used to gather at the window at 4.40 precisely to watch the mad boy racer in his V6 Anglia with Carlos Fandango super wide wheels do his customary 5 laps against the clock on his way home from the factory.

I found this out by chance many years later, (my sister having left to start a family) they were all hoping one day I would crash and get my come uppance.

[/quote]

[quote user="bettyboop"]not getting the hang of this quote lark Chancer was it Crawley, West Sussex by any chance[/quote]

Right on Bettyboop [:D]

Were you one of the Paymaster employees having a diet coke break whilst I tried every day to break my lap record around the square-about?

Have you seen how many flats and pubs/restaurants they have built on it and also all the traffic lights to spoil the fun for the challengers to my crown?