Will it become legal for women to wear Trousers in Paris?

Not only in Paris.

I know that in Deux-Sèvres (79) one had to write to the Préfet his-self, to ask permission on each and every day that one would want to wear such garment and that it still is the case today.

Poor bloke, he must be inundated with requests I suspect [:D] 

As to other quirks of the law, this one has nowt to do with France but illustrates how dinosauresque the laws of the land(s) are at keeping up with the time. It is prefectly legal to shoot a Welshman walking the street of Chester on a Friday. I avoid Chester on that day [;-)] ...

Well, the alternative is a skirt and I'm not sure you'd think they look any better in that.

Maybe it's a matter of style. I've seen many large women look great in trousers because of what they're worn with.... quality helps too.

Large men can look equally bad in trousers, don't you think? Sarongs maybe?

[quote user="Frecossais"]  ... Large men can look equally bad in trousers, don't you think? Sarongs maybe?   [/quote]

Dya mean a kilt Frecossais ?

I must say that walking behind men in trousers, especially those of a certain age and of a certain 'wide' girth, invariably reminds me of walking behind an elephant [:D] 

So yes I would prefer them with a more sartorial sarong lest it would be a bit drafty for them in the winter [8-)] ?... All Scots, men on this forum, would say to that 'Join the club' [;-)][:D]

And you would probably look at the kilt rather than the wearer, you mean, Idun?

I got sent an e-mail with pictures of men wearing kilts and accidentally showing bits better left unseen. One picture was taken of a Scots Guard sitting with the Queen in all his manly glory. It was a memorable e-mail!