british tv online?

addy

Thanks, but when I google for info on this, I found various free solutions  and by today my experience of these is that at best they only work badly.

In another forum someone suggested that I get a VPN (virtual private network) account.  so I found this UKTVAccess which works pretty good and the set up is dead easy ;)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="HoneySuckleDreams"]

[quote user="Jazzer"]filmon.com[/quote]

what a tip-top tip that is!

[/quote]

It was tip-top OK for a while, but it now requires me to login , i.e. have a subscription. A bit like a drug dealer...give it away free for a while and then when you're hooked start charging. It's 14.95 a month, so I doubt I will be signing up

This question comes up time and time again, the answer as always, is just buy a dish and a freesat box you can watch as much UK TV as you could possibly want. The picture and sound will be near perfect and you don't have to sit there while the picture breaks up, because the French computer system frankly is crap; unless you live in a big city.

Nickp

You're right...the voice of reason as always.

I have freesat at home, but i'm working in luxembourg, and the house TV is all foreign...who wants to be a miilionaire, in German, is all I can cope with.

However, I did notice in the garden that there is a satellite dish (with double LNB) which isn't being used. So, I will dig out my old sky box and hijack the cabling...be cheaper than 14.95 a month. I guess I can plug the box into my laptop.

[quote user="HoneySuckleDreams"][quote user="Clair"]I use FilmOn on my iPad. The app is being rejigged at the moment though.[/quote]

I will be interested in knowing if it works still after the re-jig. Not that I have an iWant though[/quote]

Yes it works fine.

Watching BBC News on the iPad from my sick bed... (attack of the flu [:@])

hi as someone else mentioned, FREESAT is the way to go, here here. He didn't say, the box can cost about 40 quid , maybe less, and then nothing else to pay. google search freesat boxes. Humax also do their own reconditioned ones with guarantees . On some for more money U get HD/recording/two channels at the same time , just like sky plus (wash my mouth out) but no monthly charges at all . Bill