Elections to the French parliament

I am so glad you posted this as I was about to email our French teacher requesting her to prepare part of next week's lesson around the parliamentary elections.

Yesterday, I caught the Front de Gauche man putting some pub into our letter box and we had a chat about the possible outcome.

He said he was hopeful but....vogue la galere....which is to say, it's in the hands of the gods, I suppose.

It will be interesting, especially Melenchon contre Le Pen. I am curious as to how many votes the other FN candidates get too.

Some of the new ministers knew that they had to win a seat, so if they don't, well, Hollande will just replace them. I don't think that that is really a big issue, to be honest. And getting a majority, well, did he expect a majority? I don't think so in the current climate.

I came past the posters outside the village hall earlier, all had been defaced but the FN one was the best with a Hitler tache and side parting in black felt pen. The others had either women's pouting lips or devil's horns. You do have to laugh[:)]