Cameron welcomes wealthy French to the UK.....

This is the DM regurgitating stuff again from pre French elections. There are apparently more French living in London than there are in Lille was something I read. Belgium has also seen a large increase in French looking to relocate there. Something to do with train links I would say.

It was mentioned by several French people on our walk this morning; some were saying it's going to be difficult enough to pay for all Holland's plans without tempting French people to set up businesses and work in England. Even amongst those who say they voted for him, some are very concerned about the cost of his plans.

And yes, there are so many French people in UK that they now have their own MP. Some from UK might like an MP of their own in France too, if they can't vote in either country.

A very sore point with me as you may know

Buffoon Boris was taliking about the 'end of civilisation in Europe' in the Telegraph the other day, and mentioned

"No taxation without representation"

I wish his party would implement that principle[:@]

Begging the Chinese and the Arabs to save the Euro is about as bad as it gets !  Saying to them   "We have got ourselves in a financial  mess and are not capable of solving the problem  " should help a few more French and others decide the time has come to make a move .   I believe Greece only has about 28 days  before it runs out of cash if Germany does not sign a cheque  and governement wages are not paid into the banks ... Watch the exodus to the UK if that happens .

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/327599/G20-summit-Eurozone-leaders-beg-China-and-Saudi-Arabia-to-save-global-economy

Given their respective positions in their own countries Camewrong might do better to be a bit more thoughtful.

He failed to get a majority even after the media campaign launched against the previous Government, and lags by about 10% in the opinion polls, whereas Hollande has just won a good majority ...

Russethouse asked: I wonder how many French people will see their future in GB now ?

How many? I don't know. But that might be because I don't personally know anyone in the group affected by the 75% tax - i.e. whose income is over 800,000 euros or pounds p.a.

Yannick Noah (who is still the "personnalité préférée des français") said he would be happy to pay - so, not everyone in that income bracket is going to run to Britain to try and avoid tax. 

Quillan, Belgium is a tax haven for many of the European wealthy because of the absence of capital gains and a wealth tax. This is important for the super wealthy as they tend to focus their investment returns more on capital gain rather than income, such as private equity.

What might drive more moderately wealthy people from France is any significant adverse changes in the wealth tax threshold and rate, as if you take into account assets such as your home and pension pots, even the current threshold is not that difficult to reach. Especially, if you live in an area where property values are expensive, such as Paris.

A German woman on this morning's walk waxed lyrical about them not wanting to pay out more to bail out countries which have squandered what they had, and said their election next year would very soon mean no more would be paid out. Concerning support for the euro, I heard an interesting item on the radio this morning which mentioned that India was among countries planning how much they could help. India helping wealthy Europe!

[quote user="NormanH"]Given their respective positions in their own countries Camewrong might do better to be a bit more thoughtful.
He failed to get a majority even after the media campaign launched against the previous Government, and lags by about 10% in the opinion polls, whereas Hollande has just won a good majority ...
[/quote] I suspect the message is that Britain is open for business. As for the reasons you give for Labour losing, they may be ahead in the polls but no one I know is keen to see them in again, especially with the frightening prospect of Ed Balls and Yvette Cooper as the dynamic duo (by the way wasn't it Ed Balls that commissioned a survey to find out why he's not more popular) On the other hand I can't say I'm that I'm that impressed with Cameron myself............[8-)]

[quote user="gardengirl "]A German woman on this morning's walk waxed lyrical about them not wanting to pay out more to bail out countries which have squandered what they had, and said their election next year would very soon mean no more would be paid out. Concerning support for the euro, I heard an interesting item on the radio this morning which mentioned that India was among countries planning how much they could help. India helping wealthy Europe!
[/quote]

The reason India would want to help is the same as China etc. Both countries trade and manufacturing is in decline because people in the Eurozone (and other EU countries) are worried and are not spending their money. As an example Toyota has closed it's plant in India as have Tata (truck division) and Fiat is going on short week (Source). They are being hit quite hard.

[quote user="Russethouse"]  On the other hand I can't say I'm that I'm that impressed with Cameron myself............[8-)][/quote]

C'mon RH give the boy his due, he's still wet behind the ears, still time to come good, and he's at least too good to be mentioned in the same sentence as the Balls of Balls [+o(]