Renting out a Property

coleman

Hi

I am finding it virtually impossible to sell our smallholding in the current market so now planning to rent it out for a few years and move on with our lives.

My question is, where on earth do you advertise rentals that are not holiday lets, not leboncoin thanks, really looking for a house hunter or someone wanting to try France before commiting to a purchase. I may want my home back in a year or so so 6months renewable furnished I think is the safest way to go?

My ad on french sites just bring forth CAF claimants and folk wanting it for half the stated rental.

Any ideas folks?

[quote user="coleman"]Thank you for that, we have notified 3 of our selling agents that it is now for let, but they all seem to want us to let it unfurnished with a 3yr contract...prefer furnished on a 6months renewable[/quote]

I hear what you're saying, but it does seem in France, they want long term leases only. It's something I had to consider carefully too, long term lease and the stress of a French tenant and being unable to sell, or leave empty and hope it will sell. As I lived so far away, I just dumped the asking price of the house, took the hit and then sold it pretty quickly. Then I took the hit again on the exchange rate. But at least I'm free of the burden now. The euro has cost me an awful lot of money.

[quote user="coleman"]Thank you for that, we have notified 3 of our selling agents that it is now for let, but they all seem to want us to let it unfurnished with a 3yr contract...[/quote]

Agents aren't interested by furnished lettings

prefer furnished on a 6months renewable

That would be difficult under French law

http://droit-finances.commentcamarche.net/contents/immobilier-location/l50-la-resiliation-du-bail-par-le-proprietaire.php3

[quote user="NormanH"][quote user="coleman"]Thank you for that, we have notified 3 of our selling agents that it is now for let, but they all seem to want us to let it unfurnished with a 3yr contract...[/quote]

Agents aren't interested by furnished lettings

prefer furnished on a 6months renewable

That would be difficult under French law

http://droit-finances.commentcamarche.net/contents/immobilier-location/l50-la-resiliation-du-bail-par-le-proprietaire.php3

[/quote]

I think that the link you have provided is for unfurnished property.

For furnished property, the minimum term (if it is the principal residence of the tenant) is one year (or 9 months if let to a student). Three month's notice is required of the landlord, but there are conditions which have to be met.

Thank you Pickles, the conditions for furnished as you state would be fine by us.

Norman, the reason we are not letting unfurnished are because of the difficulties you state, hence my posting.

I have since found a site that offers furnished direct from landlord lettings and that is the way we shall now go.

Thanks also to russethouse, we are already listed on some smallholding and equestrian sites to which I contribute as an exchange property or a longterm furnished let...heres hoping that the replies so far turn into a reality

many thanks again all