New mobile speed cameras

I thought we had a general driving in Fance section but it appears we only have a Motorcycling section unless I missed it but here goes.

I know that The Connexion often gets things wrong but I spotted this in another couple of places so it might be right.

THE FIRST 20 “undetectable” mobile speed traps using unmarked police cars come into operation today in 18 departments.

These latest-generation radars are fitted to Renault Meganes and carry a radar speed detector hidden behind the numberplate and an infra-red camera on the dashboard.

They are being used on roads in Paris, Alpes-Maritimes, Bouches-du-Rhône, Calvados, Essonne, Gironde, Haute-Garonne , Ille-et-Vilaine, Loir-et-Cher, Loire-Atlantique, Loiret, Moselle, Nord, Oise, Pyrénées-Orientales, Rhône, Somme and Vaucluse.

Sécurité Routière says the new units are the first of 300 over the next three years and will be used “principally” to target high-speed motorists – with excessive speed blamed for 26% of road deaths in 2012, nearly 1,000 people.

For technical reasons the units are set to catch drivers overtaking the police car and speeding at more than 10% above the road’s limit – above 143kph on the bulk of motorways. In town, drivers will get speeding tickets for driving above 61kph, and 102kph on a route nationale or départementale.

Although a photograph of the speeding vehicle is taken it does not show the face of the driver and Pierre Chasseray, of drivers’ group 40 Millions d'Automobilistes said that if the driver was not identified then the car owner would have to “pay the fine but would not lose points” off their licence.

Road safety campaigner Chantal Perrichon said new technology was needed so that drivers "would respect the speed limits all the time".

[quote user="idun"]We have a driving in France section [:)] AND I'm pretty sure that there is a post on there about this, posted a couple of weeks ago.[Www]

[/quote]

It were me!

http://services.completefrance.com/forums/completefrance/cs/forums/2879212/ShowPost.aspx

It obviously takes a long time for news to travel the 200 Km from Montpellier to Quillan.

(Though, to be fair, there was an updated article in Midi Libre a couple of days ago)

Voiture radar en Lorraine !

par Charly le Dim 10 Mar 2013 - 18:37

Et voila elle est arrivé dans la région la fameuse voiture avec radar embarqué!

Elle met 9 PV a la minute rien que ca!

Elle tourne sur l'autoroute A30 et A31.

C'est une Renault megane noire immatriculé:

CG 792 AV 75

Enfin on m'a dit que c'était en Lorraine ... Les Lorrains confirmeront ...

They also have 782 doing the same job  This is how it works      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VneJ3YXg5QM&feature=youtu.be