Chronopost...

I'm sure I recently read a posting about problems with Chronopost, but

can't find it so I'm having my moan here...  anyone else had issues?

I

was/still am expecting a package via Chronopost.  Yesterday tracking

stated it had left Brive for delivery (we're near Fumel).  We waited in

all day - nothing.  This morning I found an e-mail from them saying they

had tried but no-one was in and there was nowhere to post a card

(absolute rubbish - we live in the centre of the village and have a

clearly labelled postbox) however I could 'click here' to arrange

re-delivery.  I clicked and got to a page stating that I could NOT

arrange delivery of this parcel and anyway the driver was close by but

uncontactable (err, no mobile etc????).  I was stuck so did a Google

search for the BRIVE contact details and also found loads of people who

had complaints about them (French and English), most having received

exactly the same 'tried to deliver, no postbox etc' message.  All of

them ended up having to collect their packages, usually from about 12-20

kms away, but one had a three hour drive!

A couple of hours

later the phone rang.  I answered and got a recorded message from

Chronopost in fast (normal) French.  Unfortunately my French isn't up to

catching it all and I was given a number (not sure if a telephone or

reference) but all very fast and unexpected so no pen handy etc.  So now

I'm stuck as I couldn't talk to a recorded message and I can't replay

it.  Tracking info hasn't changed since this morning and I haven't

received any more e-mails.

So tomorrow I will try ringing BRIVE,

but don't hold out much hope of a simple solution.  However, once I

finally get the package I will inform the supplier I ordered from and

say that until they change courriers I will not be shopping there..

Rant over!

I've got a long saga with the same theme  - a package from John Lewis UK.

There were several different delivery companies involved and we got the same messages as you - ie called but no one there to accept package etc.

One of the problems, I think, is that they're not programmed to deliver to outoftheway rural houses.

In future I intend to give a delivery address of the nearest post office, unless it's coming by normal post.

In my case, after about 17 days and the same number of emails a van turned up at our door with my parcel;

ps re the phone calls - my friend in the village had those, we didn't. They ended up cancelling the order - they haven't got their money back yet. He says,  I paid for delivery, they can b.....y well bring it to our house (it was a cooker.)

Ring the supplier, do not wait for Chronopost.

How I have written pages about the above useless outfit!  My parcel actually got returned to Marks & Spencer.  They were sale items and they couldn't send me the same things which had all got sold.  They did make up another, higher value parcel at their cost and sent it by a different courrier.

I spoke to several people at quite high up in the echelons of M & S.  I like to think that I had influenced their decision to no longer use Chronopost [:D]

Complain bitterly and at length to the supplier.  Point them to the thousands of internet complaints re Chronopost.  Emphasise that they are likely to get a load of grief from their customers, that Chronopost is alienating them from their customer base, that they are losing business.

Go on, give it them with double barrels.  And, at all times, insist that they deliver the item to your door as that is what you have paid for.

Good Luck!

We are having the same problem. Have just wasted two whole days waiting in for an Amazon Prime next day delivery. Chronopost say our address is "incomplete". Whilst I agree that the lieu dit, village, postcode system is no longer fit for purpose, it is hardly within my power to change it. Every other delivery company comes to the hamlet and phones up. Chronopost seem unable to text or telephone.

Today we are making a 100km round trip to collect the parcels.

I did however get a quick response and apology when I posted on Twitter and I think that the more people who do this the better.

Update...  we went out for about an hour yesterday afternoon (5:00-6:00pm) and on our return the package was in our letterbox (you know, the one we didn't have when they "tried to deliver" Monday) so at least we now have it.  By the way, we don't even live in a remote rural hamlet, we're in the centre of a village which earlier this year was 'updated' - we all have house numbers and street names now!

From your replies it's obvious that Chronopost have a real issue and as you've suggested I will still be contacting the supplier about NOT using them (luckily the supplier sent a 'give us your feedback' e-mail this morning)

Best of luck today EmilyA, but it's crazy having to travel that distance to collect something when delivery's been paid for.

[quote user="EmilyA"]Today we are making a 100km round trip to collect the parcels.[/quote]

Having read Mint's succinct, concise and informative post I am determined that if ever this not-able-to-deliver situation happens to me I shall be employing her tactics.

[quote user="mint"]Complain bitterly and at length to the supplier. 

Point them to the thousands of internet complaints re Chronopost. 

Emphasise that they are likely to get a load of grief from their

customers, that Chronopost is alienating them from their customer base,

that they are losing business.

Go on, give it them with double

barrels.  And, at all times, insist that they deliver the item to your

door as that is what you have paid for.

[/quote]

Sue

We had a recent failure of delivery from an order placed through Amazon.fr. I have no idea if the delivery was supposed to be by Chronopost but having read this thread I imagine it may have been.

No info from anywhere but we complained to Amazon and got, instead of a refund of the price (debited from our account 24 hrs after placing the order) an offer of a 'credit note' for future purchases. We just wanted our money back !

Eventually I e-mailed THE BOSS of Amazon (in the USA), explained the situation, asked for help and.......within 24hrs the money was re-credited to our bank account.

Result !

[quote user="powerdesal"]We had a recent failure of delivery from an order placed through Amazon.fr. I have no idea if the delivery was supposed to be by Chronopost but having read this thread I imagine it may have been.

No info from anywhere but we complained to Amazon and got, instead of a refund of the price (debited from our account 24 hrs after placing the order) an offer of a 'credit note' for future purchases. We just wanted our money back !

Eventually I e-mailed THE BOSS of Amazon (in the USA), explained the situation, asked for help and.......within 24hrs the money was re-credited to our bank account.

Result ![/quote]

PD, tell us how you email the BOSS in the USA?  Never know when a prime piece of information like that might come in useful![:D]

I have had about ten deliveries via Chronopost this year, including from suppliers in the UK and France, and our baggage from Lufthansa in Toulouse when it went astray recently.

The only problem we had was when Amazon France's automated posting system did not recognise our postcode, but this was not due to any fault of Chronopost. I had originally entered the postcode in the "Town" field on the Amazon UK site, but it did not work for Amazon France, as I had left the postcode field blank. This is now corrected and there have been no further problems.

If we are out when a package arrives it is left at the Post Office just down the road, so, as the Post Office has limited opening hours, if I have an urgent package and I am likely to be out, I have it sent to a collection point nearby.

It is usually the same driver who delivers here, and as our front door is not on the street, he knocks on the kitchen window if the shutters are open.

On the occasions when Amazon packages were not delivered, due to the error above, the purchase price plus shipping costs was credited back via Paypal immediately, and appeared on our bank statement within a couple of days.

I am totally satisfied with both Chronopost and Amazon.