Heating oil price increase

PaulT

Received an email from Prixfioul.fr

Hello,

As of 1 January 2015, the TICPE (consumer Inner tax on energy products) will increase. For an order of 1,000 liters, the tax will amount to € 76.40 against € 56.60 this year, an increase of € 19.80 / m3.

The amount of the TICPE is determined on the basis of the content of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions associated with the combustion of energy products.

This tax will also increase fuel prices.

We advise you to control your heating oil before the end of the year.

Funny that - Yesterday I got 5000 litres delivered for a client and while talking to the driver, his phone rang. It was his supplier, informing him prices had just dropped even further.

70 cents a litre including delivery to the middle of nowhere and I got a free ball-point pen!

Maybe it'll come back down to the FF1.80 that we paid when we first got our place in 1999.

Our boiler was installed (when the house was done up previously) as a swimming pool heating system. Even in 1999 I thought it wildly extravagant at FF1.80 for heating a pool, and we had the system extended so that it would heat the house as well. Then the price of oil rocketed and it's been moth-balled ever since....

In Devon the price during our time here has gone from 11 p per litre to 65 p, it's currently I believe at about 42 p.