Storms tonight

Jonzjob said : Storms must have thought it was too nice here to visit. A bit windy though, but still and quiet, apart from the birds singing their hearts out this morning!!

It is far too windy here in Morbihan to hear the birds; they have possibly been blown out the trees and are in hiding !

Sue

Rough and very wet night up here.Went out at 4am to make sure fence panels were still up as one had broken recently and I managed to mend it yesterday because of the storm warning. Beautiful and sunny now but still very windy, shame its too rough to put the washing out really but it would end up all over the neighbourhood.

Blowing like mad here, all the trees are bending and one of my many many viperiums has snapped off (echiums from Canary Islands). I have them sprouting everywhere, even in the barbeque tray! Its supposed to blow until at least tomorrow night and was horrible trying to walk my dog earlier as my hair is getting long now and completely covered my face most of the time!

Well that was a horrendous night here in Bretagne. I havn't heard rain coming down like that for a very long time,even in the winter and at one point I thought it would break the velux window above the stairs it was so heavy and along with the wind too. Calmed down a bit now and lovely blue skies and sunshine but I see we are in for more of the same during the day!

[quote user="Val_2"]Well that was a horrendous night here in Bretagne.[/quote]

Here too in Morbihan.

[quote user="Val_2"]

Calmed down a bit now and lovely blue skies and sunshine but I see we are in for more of the same during the day![/quote]

Ah no; here it is still very wet and windy. Though if you have blue skies in the NW then they should be coming our way in the South.

Fingers crossed.

Sue

It must have been very windy somewhere because, for the first time in over 300 Eurotunnel crossings, I saw a queue of HGV's backed up along the motorway and along the slip road at the Calais tunnel terminal.

When we left the Mayenne, it was calm. Eventually the sun rose and it was lovely. As we neared Pas de Calais it threw it down. However, once in Folkestone it was sunny. It stayed that way until we arrived in Cheshire. All in all, a nice trouble free trip.

[quote user="vette"]It must have been very windy somewhere because, for the first time in over 300 Eurotunnel crossings, I saw a queue of HGV's backed up along the motorway and along the slip road at the Calais tunnel terminal.

When we left the Mayenne, it was calm. Eventually the sun rose and it was lovely. As we neared Pas de Calais it threw it down. However, once in Folkestone it was sunny. It stayed that way until we arrived in Cheshire. All in all, a nice trouble free trip.[/quote]

When did you come through?

We came through the tunnel this morning (arrived at the check-in at 10:15) and didn't see a tailback on the slip road. A couple of the ferry operators had delays today. The rain waited until we were just walking out of Carrefour Cité Europe before the heavens opened.

We had driven up to Calais over the last couple of days, dealing with the sidewinds (we had extra wind-catching area because of the roofbox and shelving on the roofrack and back box on the tow hitch) and occasional drenchings.

[quote user="Pickles"][quote user="vette"]It must have been very windy somewhere because, for the first time in over 300 Eurotunnel crossings, I saw a queue of HGV's backed up along the motorway and along the slip road at the Calais tunnel terminal.

When we left the Mayenne, it was calm. Eventually the sun rose and it was lovely. As we neared Pas de Calais it threw it down. However, once in Folkestone it was sunny. It stayed that way until we arrived in Cheshire. All in all, a nice trouble free trip.[/quote]

We came through the tunnel this morning (arrived at the check-in at 10:15) and didn't see a tailback on the slip road. A couple of the ferry operators had delays today. The rain waited until we were just walking out of Carrefour Cité Europe before the heavens opened.

We had driven up to Calais over the last couple of days, dealing with the sidewinds (we had extra wind-catching area because of the roofbox and shelving on the roofrack and back box on the tow hitch) and occasional drenchings.

[/quote]

Hi Pickles.

On Tuesday around 11.00.

[quote user="vette"][quote user="Pickles"][quote user="vette"]It must have been very windy somewhere because, for the first time in over 300 Eurotunnel crossings, I saw a queue of HGV's backed up along the motorway and along the slip road at the Calais tunnel terminal.

[/quote]

Hi Pickles.

On Tuesday around 11.00.[/quote]

Ah... That explains it.

I believe that there have been/will be overnight works at Eurotunnel which have meant occasional overnight interruptions in services which might have exacerbated weather-related problems on other routes.