Juncker and Hollande

idun

I had heard it spoken of the place by clients before, as is often the case you understand the way in which it was said but not the exact meaning, by the time I have the time to look it up it is forgotten.

And then you hear the word repeated enough and one day the real meaning clicks, its usually then that I look it up to be sure and it becomes part of the vocabulary, the first time it was spoken was with the word patelin, another word that I have just looked up.

I have a dictionary of colloquial French which is very usefull for words or phrases not found in normal dictionaries or pejorative/slang uses of those that are, its a hoot to read as well!

Yes Idun, rotten to the core, forgive them father for they know not what they do.

"for they know not what they do."

But I reckon that they DO [:(]

I still come across words that surprise me:

J’ai pioncé toute la journée.

I spent the whole day sleeping.

and

Je suis claqué, je vais piquer un petit roupillon.

I’m exhausted, I’ll take a little nap.

are two that were new to me.

I think that I will start a thread and every now and then randomly find a new slang word/phrase from my colloquial dictionary.

Here is todays favorite!

Flemmarder.

Le dimanche, il fait bon de flemmarder

Sunday's just the day for taking it easy!

Except chez Chancer, duty calls!

I also found a couple that are close to my pseudonym and that seem quite appropriate

Chançard - Lucky blighter, fortunate person.

Chancetiquer - To cause havoc, to disrupt (plans etc), to upset, to distress. That describes well my modus operundi when I am being discriminated against. The journaliste in the local rag describes me as un empêcheur de tourner en ronds which I dont like as it describes a killjoy, meddling busybody but once again that reflects the mentalité étroite of this area. 

The only thing I say is, j'ai la flemme, which I am sure is flemmarder. I just do not use it in other ways.

Chancard, I know, but cannot remember hearing chancetiquer, but that is not saying a lot as I do forget these days.