Are the British still moving/wanting to move to France ?

We have had a few posts from people wanting to buy in France and eventually move to France......... that is all I can go by............ some still do.

No idea was 'Char' means in this case, pray enlighten me[:D]

edit,

Betty, I find it interesting how people move around and why, but in this case I doubt I will ever be in a position to know.

Whoooo TF is Rod Argent ?

I remember (back in the 1990's) on the Portsmouth - Le Harve ferry there was a singer called 'David Argent' that kept people entertained/amused in the club bar. Not sure if he was French or British. But he was very yellow in appearence. Scary tan. I often wonder what happened to David.

Sorry for the drift thread on my on thread. Lol.

Whoooo TF is Rod Argent ?

Keyboard and vocals with the Zombies.

The quote refered to the second verse of 'She's not there'.

But it's too late to say you're sorry

How would I know, why should I care?

Please don't bother trying to find her

She's not there

regards

cajal

[quote user="vette"]Further to my last post, we have yet more people from the UK staying with us next week for 3 days whilst they finalise a purchase in our local village.[/quote]

We have had Brits, Germans and Belgium's this week. No sales but people are still looking. Brits will always buy in France, just fewer of them.

British tourists a little thinner on the ground than usual, a big drop off on the number of Australians since the attentats, I am guessing thats true for the whole of Europe but we notice it more here because of the high percentage of Australian visitors to the war graves.

A shame because last year they were the ones that always snapped up the last minute availability after cancellations etc.

I dont think any Brits have been seriously buying in this area for quite a few years, I have heard of several struggling to sell for a long time but they bought at UK prices and need to sell for the same.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]Vette, are those selling in the village British or French ?[/quote]

Hi ALBF.

All but one have been bought from British owners. The other was from an English chap who inherited from a French friend who died unexpectedly. He just wanted to offload it quickly so as to pay the taxes.