Frexit !!! Should the French vote to Leave the EU ?

As the title says, should the French vote to leave the EU ?

I bet many/maybe most would if given the chance !!!!

It find it strange that many British expats in France are criticising the whole Brexit thing and say they would never move back to the UK because it is a country of stupid racists but live in country where many French people would probably do the same.

I think that is the crunch with all these negative Brexit threads.

I too find it strange that ( some ) British ''expats'' consider anyone who voted for Brexit to be a 'stupid racist'.

What exactly is racist or stupid about wanting to control who comes into your country. You wouldn't allow anyone who felt like it to come into your house and use your stuff, well think of your country as your communal house.

I am sure you will agree Idun that the French generally are very xenophobic. They are not really that keen of foreigners in France. Especially tourists. I find that quite bizarre given that without tourists France would go bust. So you guess France would be much happier outside the EU.....not that they are in it now mind you !!!!!

Little story. I started to get my fags at a local 'posh' brasserie here in my suburb of Paris and the French owner is not nice at all towards anyone not French and really shows it when he serves you. So much so that he stopped selling the fags I buy so that I do not go in. I only kept on going in to annoy him LOL. So now I have to walk a little further to the Chinese bar tabac to buy my fags and the owners are utterly charming.

Now, there have been recent demonstrations amongst the Chinese community in Paris against racial abuse shown towards them from the French. Many businesses in Paris are Chinese run.

I don't get France at all in fact. LOL.

This will amuse, I hope...

Way back when Mrs G and I started going to Andalusia, we once holidayed in a quaint little village just outside Puerto Jose Banus. The "Fag Shop" as you delightfully describe it, was run by a crusty old Spaniard, whom by his accent, was probably MadrileƱos.

He took great pleasure in excoriating my Spanish at each and every opportunity. One morning my chum and I went in for some stamps, and he was serving a pretty Anglo and demonstrated his English as he drooled all over here.

Next time we went in, I said to chum in loud upper class English: " Look at that silly old geriatric fool! Ignorant peasant and very nasty and unpleasant too!"

He changed after this.......

[Www]