Pleasures of summer

The lawn so dry that it is like walking on rice crispies, finding a handful of redcurrants on a bush I didnt even know I had, open house where the French doors are open all day, so it is like a sort of inside outside house, gooseberries almost busting the branches.

Downside, the smell of barbecues , bloody merguez.

Things could be worse. I kept a lunch date with a friend today, after several abortive attempts to meet up. We planned it weeks ago. So, today, in temperatures not conducive to the plan, I braved trains and tubes in the metropolis, as well as pounding the London pavements. It was a lovely lunch, but the rest of the experience was sweaty and unpleasant. A sweaty Betty is not a happy Betty.

[quote user="Kong"]A long and soggy winter then suddenly a hot summer. Once again there wasn't a spring. Makes maintaining the garden hard.[/quote]

Not only no spring, no autumn either.  If it's like last year and the one before, indian summer till november and then suddenly cold and winter's arrived.  Then cold and rain until about April, heating needs to be on till end of March and then suddenly, it's summer.  Not quite like that this "spring" because winter lasted until nearly mid May[+o(]

Yes you're so right. Monday cold, grey and gloomy

but since Tuesday, it changed overnight and scorchio ever since. Pool temp has been 30° for about 4 days now.

Weird weather but making the most of the sunshine, it might end tomorrow.