Storms

Crikey it was blowy here in Morbihan .. I was woken before 4am and couldn't get back to sleep at all 'cos of the racket going on outside.

Now feeling definitely washed out.

The sun is shining though it is still gusty .. just with nowhere near the force of last night.

Yes, we had a hell of a storm yesterday evening, wind growling like a wild and furious animal, rain getting under the glass into the veranda (never known that before) and the lightning like pyrotechnics.

OH was out for table tennis and, for the first time ever, I actually began to get a bit anxious for his safety.

Blo*dy storms back today but this time blowing straight up my valley. Phew, going some too. Getting fed up with being bowled over when I go into the garden.

Fortunately the mini greenhouse is against a wall otherwise I would be fetching bits of it back from miles away. Standing in there when the wind blows is a bit like standing in an old print room when the presses were running.

Yes, Pat, chosen for that reason. I need easy access to UK, to my kids in Belgium and I like the Channel coast. Plus the folks here are proper chatty which suits me fine, unlike the Vendée where they are a closed mouth lot.

So, a little valley, tiny village about an hour from the Tunnel and about three hours from the kids.

Plus a decent sized garden with good soil for me to work on. Well, to try to work on.

Spider, mine is the same type but firmly against a wall which definitely helps. Check out the internet for tips in securing a greenhouse, such as leaving doors and windows open in windy weather.

Poor old Wooly what with people sending you info on bras and everything else!  Well, if you need to search out bras for your man boobs, I am afraid that the advertisers will latch on to that.

But you are lucky really.  Think of the UK's top lawyer, Geoffrey Cox.....HE was rabiting on about his cod piece in parliament.  Imagine the adverts they are sending him for scrotum bags[:D]

I don't know what on earth M Barnier will make of all that.  Why, he might well be asking himself, do Brexiteers want a special room (pièce) for keeping fish in?  And he thought they'd agreed about fisheries policy!

Storms are now no longer what they were.  Rainy and dreary but not life- or property-threatening, at least not at the moment.

Drove up to Calais via Arras this morning in my trusty old LDV van. The vague steering, high centre of gravity and farm cart "suspension" made for an interesting trip - in strong wind, it's like a snake on roller skates. Sorry if you were on the road and got side-swiped by me.

Strange weather, we were sitting out sunning ourselves a couple of weeks ago here in the Charente now it's bl**dy awful.

I'll try the open door/windows trick next time we have a gale WB and if bits go missing you can return them down here for me!

Gardengirl - our eldest daughter lives in Berkshire, she usually rings on Sunday but no word today. I'll have to ring her.
That kind of storm was quite common in the Gers, but usually in summer.

On Tyneside it has been blustery, but that's normal here.
ps rang L. - she said she'd been out on her bike this morning! [:'(]