My kids NOW Have British Passports

We had a CDS moment Brit, so wanted to get them into the system. It was very painless. It took about two weeks when all the paperwork went off.

Conversely in France to re-apply for an expired passport takes about 3-5 months. Forget driving licences. The UK works. France....hmmmm not so much.

In terms of the passport, there is no EU flag on the passport. I did laugh. But they have one on their French passport. LOL

Brexit won't happen.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]I assume they can leave home now and move freely to the UK to work, go to uni, get free healthcare etc.

No passing immigration exams..

I guess that is how it works ???[/quote]

No free health care, except emergency treatment under EHIC, if that lasts after Brexit.

Unless they were resident in the UK before moving to France.

See the third paragraph under

People living in an EEA country or Switzerland

I think that if they remain in France, then under current rules, 'their' children may not be entitled to a UK passport, these rules have changed since I had my children, that I do know.

And health care, well, as was shown, EHIC's are essential at the moment. Even for us when we lived in France, we would take our CEAM's back to the UK with us in the hope that we didn't need them.

After Brexit, if it happens, no one really knows what will happen with health care when visiting the UK as non resident. Something to look into at a later date.