Dinard Cabin Baggage Restrictions?

Adrian

Does anyone know if the restriction on liquids in hand luggage is being enforced at Dinard?

It's not being enforced throughout much of Europe and the rest of the world but before I make an assumption and try to bring a bottle of Armagnac over to the UK next week I thought I'd see if anyone knew. I dont want to have it confiscated like my deodorant last year (according to the Dinard security staff it could be used as a weapon as it was flammable but I was allowed to take the Calvados which apparently wasn't!)

Don't know about Dinard, but took elderly parents to Bergerac yesterday and very strictly enforced including all passengers taking off shoes and query over elderly dad's 3 ml of glaucoma drops!!.  I asked if this was new as I have been dropping people off at Rodez and they have all had bottles of wine etc.  Lady behind counter said it has started to be enforced all over France this week.  Going to Toulouse tomorrow so will find out there, but suggest you phone to ask whetehr you can take the booze.

I also can't vouch for Dinard but  I've taken a lot of flights recently (lo-cost and regular) and all the security checks were very strict on liquids, even taking my unfinished bottle of water off me as although it was less than 100ml left it was in a 500ml container!

You can put bottles in checked-in baggage.

We came back from Carcassonne on 13th November, were not allowed a bottle of water and had our vacuum packed cheese confiscated ...... even though the Ryanair website says that food is allowed.  Ho- Hum they seem to make it up as they go along!!!

I think it should be being enforced, but I know I flew back a couple of weeks ago from Dinard with hand luggage only and although I remembered not to pack any toothpaste, make up etc., I had a particularly brainless moment decided to put in a bottle of wine at the last minute. It was not removed!

Hi Adrian

I flew from Dinard on Sunday and they were very strict.  Had my handbag searched, lipstick opened etc, eyedrops were looked at but as they were under 100ml they let them through, several people in front of me had to take their shoes off to go through x-ray machine which seemed to be on its most sensitive setting.  To top it off when I had gone through passport control and sitting in airside departures my name was called out amongst a few others and we all had to go and open our hold luggage for this to be searched.  Personally, I'd contact the airline you're flying with and get their official advice. 

Regards

Pippi

FWIW this not down to the individual airlines now, these are the  E U rules, roughly paraphrased:

Each individual can carry no more than a litre of  Liquids, Creams and Gels (LCGs) in their carry on baggage.

LCGs are be packed in individual containers no greater than 100ml capacity (so, for example, a half full 200 ml container is not acceptable), which in turn are to be held within a re-sealable clear plastic bag / wallet no larger than 20cm X 20 cm ( I use an A5 document wallet).  The wallet should be screened separately from any other items of handbaggage.

However there is no restriction on LCGs bought once you are airside (i.e. after passing through security) ...............go figure.... 

This was certainly being enforced at Toulouse on Wednesday evening, as you know it is also rigidly enforced ex-UK, and FWIW it's much the same ex-USA...... 

And for those frequent flyers who think this is a pain and inconvenient, try being airline crew at the moment........

Thanks to everyone who responded - My experience the other week was the same as Susan's so I'm grateful for your more recent experience Pippi - it appears that the world has changed in the last few weeks and the French are now taking security seriously.

Nice idea about the duty free, Andy, but at Dinard that boils down to a duty paid coke machine!

"LCGs are be packed in individual containers no greater than 100ml capacity (so, for example, a half full 200 ml container is not acceptable), which in turn are to be held within a re-sealable clear plastic bag / wallet no larger than 20cm X 20 cm ( I use an A5 document wallet).  The wallet should be screened separately from any other items of handbaggage."

Spot on Stefan

Our younger daughter recently flew Stansted to La Rochelle, packed her LCGs into a re-sealable plastic bag only to be told the bag was too large,  they gave her a different (smaller) one and helped her to cram everything in. On the return flight she used the small bag which was checked and then had all her luggage which she carried as hand luggage thoroughly checked, shoes were put through the Xray and they did a body search too.

Gatwick staff were handing out the special plastic bags before passengers entered the departure lounge. Bordeaux security wouldn't let me take 200ml of OJ through last week even though it was sealed and unopened, I had to drink it before going through the security check.

happy days![:)]

Edit: sorry that should have read "wouldn't let me take 200ml of OJ"

[quote user="Stefan"]

And for those frequent flyers who think this is a pain and inconvenient, try being airline crew at the moment........

[/quote]

I must admit I hadn't thought about aircrew but you're right, it must be a real pain.

I try very hard not to carry any metal but I still set the detectors off every time!  Twice now at Frankfurt I have been taken off to a room and been down to my underpants before they were satisfied I wasn't carrying anything - I shudder to think what the next step would have been [+o(] 

Seems my shins set off the alarms and no, no pins or anything, never even any surgery.  Perhaps there's a lot of iron in my blood!!