Travel from France to Denmark

Chrissie

I'm trying to plan a trip to Copenhagen in May.  My nearest airports are Toulouse or Carcassonne. 

Ryanair only go (via London-Stansted or Dublin) to smaller airports on the wrong side of the country for me, and in the middle of the night at that.  Easyjet go to Copenhagen from Berlin and London- Stansted but the connection times don't look useful with the Ryanair Carcassonne connection.......(I would also not like to pay an arm and a leg PLUS the new UK flight tax! so a European change of flight would presumably be better if available)

Has anyone got any useful websites which might help?  I've even considered trains but the europ-rail site only goes up to 60 days ahead and seems to divide journeys up by country so I found it difficult to get an idea of which route would be best.  Talk about feeling useless[+o(].

I could fly into Gothenburg and leave from Copenhagen if that helps.....

Chrissie (81)

I always use www.voyages-sncf.com for international travel involving France. The site gets a lot of (justifiable) rubbishing here for its poor performance with booking train journeys in France, but it is usually fine for international travel - e.g. flights, hotels etc.

When I last went to Copenhagen I flew from Paris CDG with SAS. I don't know if that will help: SAS seems to have become a budget operator rather than a premium service.

Chrissie

I have just found myself a cheapish flight and booked for early Oct. from Bordeaux to Stockholm (Arlanda)  with FlyNordic (summer route only).

Try Google "cheap flights to Copenhagen" etc.

My other option was AF / KLM via Amsterdam a bit more expensive but do-able, maybe they have a similar flight out of Toulouse.

Another good site is www.db.de   yes, Deutsche Bahn!  (German railways) but it seems to have timetables for everywhere with a button for English too.

Also, have you tried www.airberlin.com  They go lots of places at reasonable cost

(who's the odd one out from Hitler, Mussolini and Richard Branson?

Richard Branson - the other 2 got the trains to run on time [:D]  )

I find the Skyscanner site useful (www.skyscanner.com) but you have to

use it in segments (ie Toulouse-Paris, Paris-Copenhagen).  I

notice Easyjet does Toulouse - Paris and that an airline called

www.sterling.dk does flights from Paris to Copenhagen.  Also, if

you get a good deal on Paris to Copenhagen it is worth checking out Air

France for the Toulouse- Paris leg to link up as they have some special

deals and have brought their prices down a lot.  For instance we

can travel from Pau to Paris by AF for under €50 inc each way if we

book in advance.  Hope you find something that suits!

Val

Hi Chrissie,

Not sure if this is any help as you would have to fly from Nice, but at least you could probably do this in one day. www.flyme.com fly Nice to Malmo. Could you not then cross over to Copenhagen via the bridge, or the ferry? I did the ferry journey some years ago before the bridge was there and found it quite pleasant. At least you wouldn't have to overnight in the UK.

Regards Paul

Good heavens, how did all you people find all those sites/airlines etc?  I thought I was a good internet surfer but this leaves me standing!.....

I have bookmarked virtually all of the sites.  Particularly like the Montpellier option, although they don't go every day and sometimes are relatively dear.  But having looked at the trains on the (wonderful) Deutsche Bahne site and found that the journey would take around 25 hours including 3 changes and a trip across Paris to change stations, the extra charge seems very worthwhile!

Thank you everyone - I'll send the forum a virtual postcard.[:D]

Chrissie (81)