Confused?

Monika

Just tried to book a crossing with Brittany Ferries on the Internet and I am now confused, Poole Cherbourg with Bretagne? Can this be right? What happened to the Barfleur? And it seems very expensive for this time of year. Also, perhaps you could help me with this, we have a Vito Van, (not high top) measurement wise it would fit into the Car Category, would I have to declare it as Van?

The Barfleur is running now, and will be back in March. I don't know exactly when its away, but while it has it's annual holiday (service) its replaced by Bretagne.

Don't know precisely when you are looking at , but I was getting a return at about £240 (7 Days, Seats,  Car, No discounts). Seems par for the course.

If its a van, it needs to be booked as a van, albeit a small one.

• 3 weeks later...
There was a report on South Today this evening, that the BRETAGNE is coming into Poole tomorrow, the first time such a large ferry has been able to enter (Poole Harbour has been dredged and we have all the sand on Swanage beach now!). Poole is apparently hoping that it will be the chosen port for the new Brittany Ferry which is being built at the moment in Finland. This would be great news, although I do love the BARFLEUR.

Of the two new new ferries currently being built in Finland, one, the Cotentin, is for freight only, and will travel between Cherbourg and Portsmouth/Poole with occasional trips to Spain. The other, with passenger facilities, to be called Armorique, will be used on the Plymouth/Roscoff route replacing the Pont l'Abbé, whose charter is due to end when the new ship is ready. So the Barfleur (which was originally built as a freight ferry) will probably continue on the Poole passenger services for the foreseeable future.

Somthing  is afoot at Poole as they are taking more dockside  frontage and I thought they were going to use a bigger ferry..... or put an  extra on as the passenger  numbers are up year on year .... and they need more park up space ? ....I am going out tomorrow night on BF but not from  Poole this time or I would have found out and posted ....returning after Easter and will be interested if sombody has found out exactly what they intend to do .