RYANAIR OFFER FOR 24 HOURS

PaulT

Ryanair (stop groaning) are doing a 24 hour offer of flights + taxes, fees and Charges for 1p!

It works - I could have had 29 Nov - 4 Dec Stanstead to Pau for the 2 of us for a total of 4p.

Damn cant get the time off.

Be quick and look

As usual, it's the hidden bits that add up.  We have just booked a return flight for 2 people in November, cost breakdown as follows (all euros):

Flights            2 x 0.01             0.02

Taxes etc   2 x 19.98               39.98

Check-in bags (1)                  12.00

No bags for 2nd passenger      6.00 (this "cost" for online check-in - no other choice available)

Credit card booking charge   12.00

Total cost                           70.00

This still seems cheap to me so we went ahead, but people should be aware of the build-up of minor charges.  I do think it's a rip-off to have to pay 6 euros for NOT taking any checked-in luggage!

Chrissie (81)

To be fair to Ryanair if, after selecting no bags, you then click ''remove'' found highlighted in blue on your left of the screen then this fee disappears - unless of course you want 'priority' boarding.  Priority boarding always makes me laugh - first on and many times last off 'cos you are hemmed in by others.  I would much rather be last on and first off, with no hold luggage, so first thru customs at Poitiers ...

To be fair to Ryanair

1.  It is cheap

2.  It is cheap

3.  .......... YOU SEE THE TREND

Re the OP and the response - this was genuine. My OH booked two return flights during the 24 hours of the special offer (one for November and one for January, both with no hold baggage) and paid 2 cents per return flight - there were no other charges - not even a debit card charge - and 2 cents was all that was charged against his card. I booked a return flight with one suitcase for November and paid a total of 12.02 euros

Rather good we thought!

We also took advantage of the offer.  Return flights to the UK for 3 people for 6 cents and also return flights from Barcelona to Rome (a bit of a drive to Barcelona but worth it) for 6 cents.  It only cost and extra 50 cents on top of what the charge to check bags at the desk (5.50 each way versus 5 at time of booking).  If we don't use then we have lost 12 cents which is less than a quarter the cost of a stamp in France! 

You do have to deselect priority boarding too

Thanks for bringing this back to the top of the list. It's reminded me that I wanted to thank P2 because I have a ticket back to the UK for mid-September which cost me 6.01E, so clearly it was a genuine offer.

Thanks P2.

Hoddy

[quote user="Hoddy"]Thanks for bringing this back to the top of the list. It's reminded me that I wanted to thank P2 because I have a ticket back to the UK for mid-September which cost me 6.01E, so clearly it was a genuine offer.
Thanks P2.
Hoddy
[/quote]

That's OK Hoddy - hate to think of people missing out on a deal like this - you need to strike whilst the iron is hot.

To illustrate that, we went and visited friends for the weekend last Friday. They decided that they would come out with us when we visit our house in November. I checked the BA site and the fares both ways were still £35 each. Went out for a meal that night and forgot about booking the flights. The following afternoon a 'oh we must book those flights' from them. Log in to the BA site and going out still £35 BUT the return flight £85!!!! Checked on the Easyjet flight and they would save £110 both both of them returning this way so booked this. Unfortunately, the Easyjet flight is 3.5 hours later than the BA flight. Still, they will find plenty to do at Toulouse airport while they wait [:(]

Paul