Ryanair's new website

LEO

[quote user="cowoman"]

We paid £8 each.Each way totaling £32

Then £4 For using debit card

Then when we went to book our bag

It said ...One bag and checkin   £18

So me thinking it was £18 per bag didnt bother.Normally it says at this stage £6 per bag

It dosn't normally add it all together at this stage.

Thanks for trying to understand this for me.

[/quote]

Your welcome[:)]

I don' work for Ryanair by the way, just a fan , who thinks they get a lot of

stick!

[quote user="Rob Roy"]

One bag checked in is 18 pounds, so not sure where the 6 pounds has come from. It used to be 10 pounds, so very unlikely to have been reduced. You can fit quite a few clothes into a reasonable size flight bag, and thereby avoid checking in a case.

[/quote]

Not according to the new web site and  the chart on the OP

First bag £6 each way plus £3 airport check-in = £9 = return trip cost £18

Edit: When booked on-line

I have just part booked a flight to bergerac which came to £269 for two.When I booked the bags in it added  £18 on for one then an extra £18 for the other so it isnt how we thought that the £18 included flights.I am afraid it really is £18 a bag.I cancelled this as it was only an experiment.So they are saying one thing and doing another.......no wonder i m confused.....

[quote user="cowoman"]I have just part booked a flight to bergerac which came to £269 for two.When I booked the bags in it added  £18 on for one then an extra £18 for the other so it isnt how we thought that the £18 included flights.I am afraid it really is £18 a bag.I cancelled this as it was only an experiment.So they are saying one thing and doing another.......no wonder i m confused.....[/quote]

You are doing a good job of trying to confuse me too[:)]

Now I'll say it again

1 person, return trip,1 checked in bag on each leg plus airport check-in on each leg = £6 x 2 = £12 for the bag plus £3 x 2 = £6 for the airport check-in,Total £18 plus the ticket fare.

Hope that's clear [:)]

So if your flights came to £269 for 2 people then add on any bags and airport check-ins

So 2 people return trip, 2 checked in bags plus 2 airport check-ins on each leg =  £36  + £269 = £305

I think you are trying to hard now and can't see the wood for the trees as it were[Www] [:D]

I couldn't believe the price you quoted for a checked in case and did a booking myself to Limoges in the summer period.  It is £18 for check in AND one checked in case for a return flight on top of the "total flight charges".  For a one-way its £9.  With a return flight they are applying the charges (£3 booking in and £6 for the bag) both ways, so you are paying for the bag to come back again even if you leave it there.  Although on the new layout you get the "total flight costs" up front, the baggage and check in fees are additional and applied afterwards.  Although a fan I really cannot understand their reluctance to make these charges more visible, the way that they are doing it now seems underhanded somehow.

EDIT it seems that we all now agree where the £18 comes from and wonder why a bag gets charged for that may not be on the return flight.[8-)]

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

EDIT it seems that we all now agree where the £18 comes from and wonder why a bag gets charged for that may not be on the return flight.[8-)]

[/quote]

If that was the case (no pun intended) you should book 2 single trips and leave the return bag out of the equation

Hi

Find cheap fares is still in the same place,  its just called 'book now' then you have an option for dates and tick these dates are flexible, it then shows weekly prices.

Nantes _ Bournemouth fly Tues Thurs and Sat, I think,  I booked yesterday for Nantes to Bournemouth Tues/thursday flights, got two returns for 20€ each, then paid 8€ each for using my debit mastercard!!   Didn't find any 1p fares incl taxes though!  Did anyone else?

Lollie