Ryanair threatens to cancel passenger tickets

Clair

Ok Ron, following your point you should just keep paying more tax then.  The vat you pay is for the company who supply you with the ticket to give to the revenue based on their annual turnover, its for the service.

The same rules apply when you buy an air ticket, part of what you pay is the vat for the service in supplying the ticket.  My point is the airport depature tax that Gordon the chancellor doubled. IT IS SPECIFICALLY A DEPARTURE TAX if you do not depart then it should be reclaimable.

I want my departure tax back, I do Ron, Ron, Ron. I do Ron, Ron.

Well write to 11 Downing Street and enclose an SAE for the cheque.  You will not get any refund from my brother, read his conditions of travel, if you want ring him up and complain, its £10 a minute on his private line  and the call will last at least 5 minutes and then there is the admin charge.......... he keeps his refund cheques in a chocolate tea pot.  Perhaps next time just take the flight for the hell of it, much more fun that moaning about lost taxes[:P].

Just out of interest I looked at the Bravofly site and it allowed me to (pretend to) book a Ryanair flight from Liverpool to Limoges at a cost of 301 euros with no mention that the ticket would be worthless! The same flight on the Ryanair site was 262 euros!

On the Ryanair web site they accuse screeenscrapers of  "...levying unjustified and unnecessary handling charges (in some

cases up to double the Ryanair fare) on Ryanair passengers." Seems that may be true but the words kettle, pot and black spring to mind.

Richard T

[quote user="teapot"]

Ok Ron, following your point you should just keep paying more tax then.  The vat you pay is for the company who supply you with the ticket to give to the revenue based on their annual turnover, its for the service.

The same rules apply when you buy an air ticket, part of what you pay is the vat for the service in supplying the ticket.  My point is the airport depature tax that Gordon the chancellor doubled. IT IS SPECIFICALLY A DEPARTURE TAX if you do not depart then it should be reclaimable.

I want my departure tax back, I do Ron, Ron, Ron. I do Ron, Ron.

[/quote]

Have cancelled flights with BA - £35 each way - and whilst I forfeited the actual fare the tax was refunded.

It certainly does seem immoral and perhaps even worse not to refund something that will not be paid over.

Paul

Not necessarily - it's all down to supply and demand. We have an important and very well-attended (from certain countries) exhibition in Germany next month. The company was late booking so flights to Hamburg (or the 'nearby' Lubeck in Ryanair's case) were getting full, and the 'budget' carriers were, just, the cheapest option from Britain. I have the actual cost of the tickets somewhere, but my colleagues flying from London are paying well over £200, whereas I am on Lufthansa from Paris CDG, to the proper Hamburg airport, at under half of that fare. OK, our employer is paying, not us, but the principle is the same.

• 3 weeks later...