Stansted Express

Lollie

Anyone know why this train was cancelled yesterday 13th Dec?   My son was herded onto a coach from Tottenhale Hale as the train was not running due to aproblem I dont seem to be able to find out about!!   after a long jouney stopping at various villages he arrived too late for his Ryanair flight to Nante!  by 3 mins, how annoying. I  Still faith in human nature as he also left his wallet at the side of the computer area, when he realised early this morning and returned to the airport for another flight, he found his wallet had been handed intact tolost property.  So thank you to that person.  Now to see how efficient my  mastercard  travel insurance is!!

Lollie   44

apparently it was emergency overhead cable work,   they will refund part of his train fare!!! not his missed flight though, and my gold mastercard let me down also even though I booked with the card they wont cover his missed flight!!!

BacK to using BF as a foot passenger; more reliable and cheaper. anyway students are supposed to travel rough!!!!!!  Originally from the North I used to think the south had the best deals for getting to West France,   but as Ryanair seem to have pulled their daily Stansted to Nantes flight and no sign of Easyjet bringing back Gatwick to Nantes, I am not so sure now!!!!

Lollie

not his missed flight though, and my gold mastercard let me down also even though I booked with the card they wont cover his missed flight!!!

Was it because the cost of the flight was too little ?

I was watching 'Working Lunch' the other day and they were talking about how some CC providers refuse claims of under £100

A very good point Russethouse.

I recently cancelled an annual multitrip policy for much the same reason and..... the insurance did not cover onward journeys I.E. the car hire or connecting flight, also the excess was more than most low cost airlines tickets and charges etc.

In short the policy was utter rubbish. I cancelled it withing the 14 day cooling off period so no loss to me but others not looking at the details could easily be caught.

No they would not pay because he paid for his train ticket  to the airport cash and not by my card!!!  If I had bought the rail ticket with my mastercard he would have been convered, but as it was his delay at getting to the airport for the flight and the flight was not cancelled or delayed he was not covered.  The wording all seemed very vague, in fact when I spoke to Britline, who I got my card from, they were a little surprised, so spoke to them also.  

In fact it is impossible for me to book his train ticket with my card as Trainline and national express will not accept foreign cards for a delivery to a UK address, so back to the drawing board for journeys from Eastbourne to La Baule!!  I know the train is an option, but they are still limited journeys.  

Lollie