Formule 1 getting into booked room late at night

Bellac87

Hello all, as a change from arriving in Caen late at night and then driving straight down to Bellac (between Poitiers and Limoges) I've decided to kip over at a formule 1which I've already booked into.

I realise that
to access the hotel I've got to use the card that was used to make the booking but are there any potential pitfalls that I need to be aware of in the process, or is it all plain sailing?

cheers, Mike

It's been (quite) a few years since I stayed in one... I never had any problems.

At that time, when I put in my credit card, I got a room number and PIN code, (needed to enter the room).  I'd suggest having a pen & paper handy, to note down the room no. and  code. 

We had this problem at this hotel last year.

Credit card I booked with wouldnt work for some reason.

Eventually spotted a small intercom button high up on the wall.  This put us through to a guy in Paris who then phoned the hotel. There must be a duty manager asleep in the hotel as he came down, let us in and we paid with another card.

So if the card wont work, look for the button.

You just have to turn up at the correct hotel!

Not Formule 1 but.......

A few weeks ago I was booked in too B&B hotel in Dijon.  Late at night, Booking ref wouldn't work, credit card wouldn't work so cold and tired I gave up in disgust.  Walking back to my car I saw another B&B hotel about 100 metres away.   Completely confused I looked at my booking again and saw I was booked into B&B 2, I had been trying to get into B&B 1  DOH!!!  Of course the booking worked perfectly at the correct hotel !!!