Ryanair Travel Insurance

Lollie

I read that three times, as it was compulsory to take out insurance with them. Reading it again I see it says you will not automatically get this added, as you used to. That used to annoy me. Now you have to apply for it, not them offering it to you automatically. Good!

Actually, when you start the booking process and come to that page,  although it starts at zero, it then asks you your country of residence, once you have put that in, its adds on €14.50, underneath it says, if you do not want travel insurance, simply click on no insurance required in the drop down box,   this little statement is mixed in with the countries of residence,   so you still have to be VERY CAREFUL!!

[quote user="Lollie"]

Actually, when you start the booking process and come to that page,  although it starts at zero, it then asks you your country of residence, once you have put that in, its adds on €14.50, underneath it says, if you do not want travel insurance, simply click on no insurance required in the drop down box,   this little statement is mixed in with the countries of residence,   so you still have to be VERY CAREFUL!!

[/quote]

You always have had to be very careful when booking Ryanair, basically, read the page three times before you click anything is my motto!!

Except they have a very neat way of preventing too careful a reading. I did this this week and the site timed me out when I pressed the final box. I had to go back in twice more in order to give me time to read all the small print and to exactly unknit all the pitfalls! Read at normal speed and proceed to book at once at your peril!

[quote user="Chocolate"]Except they have a very neat way of preventing too careful a reading. I did this this week and the site timed me out when I pressed the final box. I had to go back in twice more in order to give me time to read all the small print and to exactly unknit all the pitfalls! Read at normal speed and proceed to book at once at your peril![/quote]

Agreed!  That's why I don;t fly with then any more than I have to!!