Ports blockade

Chancer

I also heard on the radio that Dunkerque was blockaded too yesterday.  I came through (Dover to Dunkerque) yesterday afternoon and there was no sign of a blockade at all.  A French colleague said it was reported on TV and the Red Cross were involved somehow ???

He also said, with some amusement, that an English woman was interviewed saying that such actions damage French/English relationships.  My colleague's attitude was 'So what?'.  Maybe it would be a bit different if his income relied on tourism.

Listening to BBC News at lunchtime, the ferry companies are reporting that the strikes are costing them close to £1million per day and are currently putting together legal action to sue the individual fishermen rather than the Port of Calais/Dunkerque.  If I remember rightly when the fishermen blocked Le Havre and LD Lines did this they very soon backed down.

[quote user="FerryGuru"]Listening to BBC News at lunchtime, the ferry companies are reporting that the strikes are costing them close to £1million per day and are currently putting together legal action to sue the individual fishermen rather than the Port of Calais/Dunkerque.  If I remember rightly when the fishermen blocked Le Havre and LD Lines did this they very soon backed down.

[/quote]

It's been done. Fishermen in Calais ordered to pay €1000 per boat per hour of disruption and those in Boulogne €5000 per boat per hour of disruption.

Bailiffs are currently serving the court orders ....