Trains at Caen ferry port.......

Frank

Hi, hope someone can help please!!!

With all the chaos of cancelled flights etc in the UK, as a contingency plan, I have booked a ferry crossing to Caen just in case my flight is cancelled. Does anyone know what the train service is like for getting to the south (Charente Maritime), will I need to go via Paris or is there a service that will go to Nantes etc, (where I can be picked up) any advice or info on routes/links etc greatly received, many thanks in advance for any help,

Jetlag

Caen ferry port is quite some distance from the town and station; there is a bus that connects with all the ferries (get tickets from the tourist office in the ferry terminal building). From Caen station your best bet would probably be to travel to Paris, though you may be able to pick up a train where you want to go from Le Mans, Rennes or Rouen (which have trains from Caen).

Have used this route by train,specifically avoiding the St Lazaire-Montparnasse.

Train from Caen to Tours to St Pierre de Corps for TGV to Poitou -Charente or to Tours for connection to Chinon-Thouars-Bressuire.

The 13:00 train taking some 3 hours alows time to look at Caen and have an early lunch.

Horaires at

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/billet-train/horaires/resultats?hid=PLM