ryan air

valB

I'm not sure Ryanair's particular business model is sustainable.

When other cities get their 'International airports' (Brive for example), they're going to look at the way RA have treated other cities, and hopefully think twice before getting into the same situation.

And their customer base is the result of pragmatism rather than loyalty.

They're not making any friends, but they are making some high-profile enemies.

Quick buck (euro) or long term profit.  The average business has a life of 24 years.  Remains to be seen whether MOL strategy will sustain long term - personally I doubt it.  We passengers are not the client base - we are the commodity.  His clients are the airport operators and he gets paid according to volumes. However, he doesn't credit his 'commodity' with any nous which is a mistake.  If the volumes go elsewhere business model falters, BIGTIME.

[quote user="Judith"][quote user="BJSLIV"]

Instead they are putting pressure on the authorities to increase the level of support.

[/quote]

But, of course, that is the way he does it, be it in France or the UK (or wherever).  If he doesn't get what he wants, he gets out, and tries another place.  As long as you accept that (whether you agree or not), you will then not be "disappointed" (for that read angry etc) when he pulls out of a place.

It's still one of the reasons why I prefer the train (or car if needs must) in spite of the cost.

[/quote]

Judith

Since the end of season last year and until a couple of days

ago, Limoges was shown as a destination served by Ryanair from

Edinburgh when it has now become patently obvious there was never any

intention of restarting it for this summer.

The sudden removal of it from their schedules without any mention anywhere is where the anger/disappointment arises.

[quote user="Sydney and Huggy"]

Judith

Since the end of season last year and until a couple of days

ago, Limoges was shown as a destination served by Ryanair from

Edinburgh when it has now become patently obvious there was never any

intention of restarting it for this summer.

The sudden removal of it from their schedules without any mention anywhere is where the anger/disappointment arises.

[/quote]

Yes, I understand where you are coming from, but, personally, I have never found the Ryanair web site anything like as informative as I would like it to be - for example - it is now impossible to find out easily when a flight will start (I've been looking at one starting about Easter), and this is so typical.  In the past, they did display timetables - now, no more.  In fact, I would say that as far as web sites go, Ryanair is one of the worst - it is designed only to sell tickets, and not give you any real information, and as such I rate it very low down.  Frustrating, I know, but it follows the business model.

Of course it makes you angry, but it is as such pointless, as any anger you have doesn't make them alter their plans.  Because I've been there in the past, I only use them now when I can find no other alternative.  My anger with them is long since gone - I find it the only way to survive.

Ryanair plan their routes on a seasonal basis, with effectively 2 seasons a year changing in spring and autumn. There's no guarantee a route will feature on both seasons, or that it will appear in subsequent years.

In that, they're no different to any other airline - even the big boys.

Just bcause a flight is full, doesn't make it profitable. A planeload of canny french homeowners who carry their own sarnies are nowhere near as profitable as a planeload of hen/stag parties heading to the eastern europeans weekend hotspots

Normally you have to walk to get on a Ryanair flight [:D][:D]

As you seem so bitter and twisted about Ryanair, for the sake of those who do you use Ryanair, when did you last fly with them and where from? 

Your experience (s) against those of us who appreciate Ryanair to get us and our famlies to and from France at a reasonable price, will perhaps make for a proper and balanced debate.[:-))]