Traversing Paris North/South in 2010

Does anyone have any good tips for crossing Paris with the current A6b roadworks chaos ? We tried it at Easter, 3 days after the work started and ended up with long delays (approx 90 mins) in both directions. Is it better to try the anticlockwise route on either BP or A86 or to go right out on to the A104 ? Coming from A1 and want to get to the Orleans road on the southern side. We will be coming from Zeebrugge so not particularly keen on going via Rouen.

Look forward to getting any advice going.

Irene

I travel Dunkerque to Payrac(Lot) about 5 or 6 times a year. I gave up on going via Paris 2 years ago. Fastest is Rouen I'm afraid to say 8hrs 30 mins. 3rd turning off A28 after tunnel down by the river through industrial zone. Cheap petrol at Igoville Then take N154 only 1 toll to pay.

Normally hit Rouen between noon and 3 pm  in both directions. There is a 4 kilometre section through the industrial zone up to the glass fibre cows roundabout  which can be slow but still roll through at a reaqsonable pace and do not queue for lights more than one change. Great thing is that if there is a problem there are several easy quick alternative routes.

Payrac-man, I may be missing something because I am in Dordogne, therefore should be even closer than you in the Lot. I just entered Calais to my area using the Paris versus Rouen route on Viamichelin and it is just under 8 hours through Paris and just under 12 hours through Rouen. [8-)]

Hi All

I hit rouen at 11.30am if heading south and have never had a hold up. Heading north it's about 1pm and again never a hold up. Driving times depend on average speed and I do tend to put my foot down. I gave up on Paris after spending an hour stuck in a tunnel after an accident further up the road but heh if it works for you! All I know it's a looong day and I am doing it again on Tuesday so wish me luck.

It is indeed a loooong day. Hope it goes well tomorrow. I think we will stick with Paris but go back to using the A/N104 which should keep us far enough away from the BP/A6B to avoid tailbacks etc.

I'm looking forward to that new A86 tunnel opening at Versailles next year - that will open up a few other options.

Hope the road is good to you tomorrow.

Irene