Industrial Action - UK Immigration Officer

minnie

[quote user="Stan Streason"] Going out may be customs staff but not the immigration service - am I correct? [/quote]

They've combined not into one thing now called 'Border Control' (an oxymoron if ever there was one) so it's one out, all out.

Not sure how it would affect ordinary car travellers as you don't see them at all quite often.  Are the ships/tunnel still running?

Well the outbound trip was perfect: left LGW early yesterday morning & arrived on time, sailing through passport control in Marseille (something you can't take for granted at least in the summer months).

Today we have clear blue skies and a good temperature so it's off to the gardening labouring tasks for us!

[quote user="Pickles"]Well, what with the UKBA staff going on a 48-hour strike from Thursday, the French civil servants going on "unlimited" strike from 00:01 on Thursday 23rd, alongside the general strike in France, my chances of getting over there on that day are diminishing rapidly ...

Regards
Pickles
[/quote]

Thanks for the post Pickles ... Changed my plans from Thursday to Wednesday  I phoned BF as was planning my crossing for Thursday and they said "Dont think about travelling on Thursday "  .

[quote user="Frederick"][quote user="Pickles"]Well, what with the UKBA staff going on a 48-hour strike from Thursday, the French civil servants going on "unlimited" strike from 00:01 on Thursday 23rd, alongside the general strike in France, my chances of getting over there on that day are diminishing rapidly ...[/quote]

Thanks for the post Pickles ... Changed my plans from Thursday to Wednesday  I phoned BF as was planning my crossing for Thursday and they said "Dont think about travelling on Thursday "  . [/quote]

Yes, well ... I wish I could change my travel plans but I will have to wait and see if the flight actually goes on the day.

Regards

Pickles