best place to stop when travelling from euro tunnel to nantes

hello

im driving from calais to nantes in late april and am unsure about the best place to stop for a break/lunch/petrol on the A28.

i am doing it in one day and will leave calais at about 10am.

is Alencon a good idea? or should i stop before that?

any help from you fine people that are old hat at this would be appreciated.

thanks

If I was going to stop for fuel I would divert in Rouen and go to 'Tourville La Rivierre' Centre Commercial . The servce stations on the autoroute re a good 15 cents a litre dearer than the supermarkets and those on the recommended route through Rouen are almost as dear as the autoroute. The food selection is also chea[er and more varied.

I would probably have a second break two hours later at any aire

Agree with Anton's recommendation.  It takes us two hours to get from Calais to Rouen and once you're through the town, past the cows roundabout and arrived at the A13, you just swing onto the autoroute in the eastbound (Paris) direction and take the first exit for the Tourville CC in about 1 km.  Having fuelled up and had some lunch, you go back up onto the westbound A13 and you're back on your route.  You can have a later coffee break at the services outside Le Mans (another two hours) or Angers (three hours).

thanks for the help on this. appreciated.

i have just found that viamichelin has the quickest route to chateaubriant (which is where im staying as opposed to in Nante) is via le havre and caen then around rennes.

does this seem right to you guys?

takes an hour or two off the drivetime so im probably going for that route unless there are reasons not to.

what are your thoughts?

cheers