Best route to Paris CDG

audio

Sounds like your well prepared.

No need for translation, they speak good French there.

The address you have is probably where to send the application, if you dial up visas on their website, you will find that they give the consulate address for the interview.

I cannot think of anything else, they basically want you to prove you have good reason for returning to France and be financially covered during your stay.

Don’t take offence but if you have any criminal record your chances are slim.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Thanks audio. I have no criminal history, so that's good. I might add one more piece of info and that being the right to health care here. I've just had my 5th anniversary in France and from what I understand, if I am out of France more than two years, I'll lose that right and have to start again.[/quote]

Sorry I do not know the rules on that, if you do find out, I would be interested to learn.

Health care in the US is very,very expensive but I'm sure you are aware of that.

[quote user="audio"]

Had a look at ATL, Delta arrives at concourse E, same as AF.

So you have to board the transit to the main terminal after security screening.

If you really want to buy liquid duty free during the flight or at LHR, you may be able to place these in your checked bags at ATL after immigration and before you board the train.

[/quote]

I'll wait until I fly out to by any liquids and it sounds like quite a schlep so I'll try to keep my hand baggage fairly light too. Coming back I'm transferring there (flying in from Hilton Head/Savannah) but I'm catching a shuttle bus to the hotel when I arrive......I have a feeling this is going to be exhausting whichever way I do it....[:'(]

[quote user="Russethouse"][quote user="audio"]

Had a look at ATL, Delta arrives at concourse E, same as AF.

So you have to board the transit to the main terminal after security screening.

If you really want to buy liquid duty free during the flight or at LHR, you may be able to place these in your checked bags at ATL after immigration and before you board the train.

[/quote]

I'll wait until I fly out to by any liquids and it sounds like quite a schlep so I'll try to keep my hand baggage fairly light too. Coming back I'm transferring there (flying in from Hilton Head/Savannah) but I'm catching a shuttle bus to the hotel when I arrive......I have a feeling this is going to be exhausting whichever way I do it....[:'(]
[/quote]

Exhausting perhaps but as soon as you leave Atlanta airport it will all have been worthwhile.

Hilton Head, looks like your heading for the coast.

Have a great time.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Last time I flew from CDG was on a Sunday (in early July). Hardly any traffic about at all. My flight was 11am, so I had to be there by 9am. I drove up from the Loire Valley, so a similar route once on the outskirts of Paris, but I'd advise taking the autoroute, it's simpler and the airport is well sign posted. Just follow signs for Lille, and then airport signs will follow. This is the anti clockwise direction. Are you flying with your dog?[/quote]

Mr Coeur de Lion,

I have a map at last. Do you take the A10 then route N104 Evry....A104...signs to CDG?

A gps routes directly via Notre Dame, not a good route I would have thought but the shortest perhaps.

Sorry for the lateness of reply audio.

Off the top of my head that sounds right, it's definitely the autoroute route I take as opposed to the BP.

I seem to go a different way everytime I go though, but I manage to wing it! As long as you follow the signs for Lille, CDG appears. You go past Orly, or signs for Orly before you hit signs for CDG.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="audio"]

ATT. Russethouse

Warning/Advice Atlanta

Depending on which airline and arrival terminal, you may have to board a transit train. This requires another security screening after immigration checks even if you continue your journey by road.

Do not buy any expensive liquids such as drink or perfume, they will be confiscated.

This applied to Air France earlier this year, Delta I do not know but it may have all changed by now.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info on Atlanta airport,  a very odd and protracted arrangement - not my firtst choice airport I must say.

Also weather has been unseasonably warm which could have pleasant, but the humidity was something else!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Woolybanana. Back from there? What is it like? svp

Sorry for the late reply, I have only just returned.

If you were referring to the route to CDG, the traffic was horrendous (Sunday evening) and on the drive home the traffic was moving well (Tuesday 11am) but the drivers around Paris are absolutely crazy in my opinion.