Google Maps

Théière

The difference with the new version of Google Maps is you will be able to download large map areas, e.g. a whole country. However, the downside is the maps are large - I saw mention of 300Mb for Greater London.

A possibly better option is the free Nokia Here where you can download maps. The Android app is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.here.app.maps

I'll put up with my nice new TomTom Go 6100 with its lifetime updates for the world maps, live traffic and danger areas (speed cameras). It's hell out there after all init [8-|]

Nice big, clear screen too and if I'm walking then my Garmin Etrex30 slots nicely into my pocket init [:-))]

Google maps! HA!!

Yesterday we decided to visit Ikea in Rennes.

Off we set, Google map on the phone, all working just fine with the English lady directing us until, all of a sudden, an American lady started giving directions.

It was like the two of them were having a contest and worst of all, they were giving different directions.

Luckily, we found Ikea, but on the way back, the same thing happened causing me to make a couple of

U-turns. Totally bizarre.