Marry or not to Marry.. That is the question?

miss spiring

[quote user="Jura"]

Really? I thought you only had Conservatives in the UK...this is France! The President de la Republique Francaise is raking around Europe with his impregnated Italian ex-model companion causing all manner of problems for those prim and proper keepers of the Queens accommodation in the UK when he visits there soon. I would have thought the French invented the word 'deviant'...until the British Royal Family, i.e Charles and Camilla, came along.

Perhaps I am wrong?

[/quote]

Time to start reading British history if that's really what you think ![:D]

I am well familiar with British history Russet...a 'state' religion that was founded on both divorce and uxoricide. Yet has since down the ages frowned on both. Divorce in particular. Just as well we had the ancient Greeks to give us the word 'hypocrisy' otherwise we would never have known what to call it[:)]

• 1 month later...

Can anybody help? I am a 50 something single lady with two grown up children and currently own a property in France and in England.  I have met someone whilst in France and am considering marriage.  My only concern is that the gentleman has six grown up children from a previous marriage.  I have worked very hard all my life and if anything was to happen to me, i would want my two children to receive my estate, with provision for my partner to stay in the house as long as he lives.  Is this possible within French Law? 

Did you ever resolve this, Miss Spring ?  I am in a similar situation and am about to approach a notaire for advice

Sue