moth infestation

If I find one, I will post where I found it.  I warn you, I've been looking for a long time now.  The ones I find seem to be in excess of 75 euros, etc.  I just can't bring myself to pay that.

I did find a heavy skillet at Auchan that goes from stove to oven (and I bought it - 19 euros), but it is big and the handle is long - so it doesn't FIT in the oven !!  Handle doesn't come off..  Shame really. 

Lori, that recipe for Cecina, I use the skillet on the burner - never the oven, although oven was mentioned in the recipe.

My cast iron skillets have cast iron handles, no wood.  I never put them in the oven.

I got my 2 skillets (2 different sizes) some decades ago, in a Chinese supermarket in London, very cheap - they are some of my most precious kitchen equipment.

They are like this

http://www.castironcookware.com/fryers-skillets-woks.html

That is an excellent website 5-E.  Only it makes me wish I was in the USA to buy it.  They don't ship overseas.  This has been the problem I have encountered over and over again.  The 10-1/4" skillet is exactly what I'd buy and at an excellent price (and they are already seasoned !!).  I'll just have to wait until husband goes over and have him buy one.  It is the type of thing you can't really ask someone to bring you in their suitcase as it weighs so much.

Still, am grateful for the site, just in case.

Miam miam, they are so inviting Clair!! (I've just eaten and it made me hungry all over again[:'(] )

I have never made socca as it seems to require an oven, but I have made the spicy Indian version ( a la Maddhur Jeffrey) in the skillet on top of the stove: this one is not Maddhur Jeffrey, but seems excellent.

http://www.indiacurry.com/appetizers/padlu.htm

It makes you glad to have chickpea flour around, in spite of moth infestations.[:D]