? french equivalent

Patf

I agree with the first but had never seen it written so now know the spelling, yes the second is for a a really rotten child as opposed to a child spoilt rotten,which in English does not automatically imply that they are rotten themselves, although many are!

[quote user="EmilyA"]Strangely enough someone said exactly that at our gym class dinner on Monday. She said they were pourris (de ou par I can't remember) l'argent.[/quote]

Etre pourri par l'argent.......

This is also valid for footballers ..........

For info.

You might have seen the newspaper headlines referring to Custom Officers at CDG having apparently stolen cash from suitcases belonging to drug smugglers......These Custom boys were labelled "Ripou" by the media....which is Pourri in Verlant.

Verlant is a "form of language" that uses the words in reverse without proper grammar...Pourri = Ripou... Mauvais = Vaimo.....etc...brings me back to my college days.

ercid, isn't 'ripou' integrated into mainstream french these days?  Meaning corrupt? That is what I have understood and someone who is corrupt, is surely 'rotten' too? Still,  I wouldn't use it when discussing children.

[quote user="idun"]ercid, isn't 'ripou' integrated into mainstream french these days?  Meaning corrupt? That is what I have understood and someone who is corrupt, is surely 'rotten' too? .[/quote]

Correct idun.