Télé shopping

SaligoBay

Anyone seen this on morning French TV?   Wotalaff. 

Quack medical products, complete with sincere doctor who says "Well, I'm a doctor, and I would normally be very sceptical about this sort of thing, but you know, this product really does work". 

And those products you never knew you needed, it's better than a Betterware catalogue (and that's saying something!).

For real family fun, watch it with the sound off, and add your own commentary.  I'm thinking of sending off for one of those super pillows, with spongey columns inside.  With a normal pillow you toss and turn, you don't sleep well, your neck is sore, your head's sore, your computer chair is always at the wrong height.  But with this super pillow, not only do your back, neck, and head remain in perfect alignment at all times, but you wake up refreshed, your make-up is intact, and your breasts remain large and firm.

Slippers with pop-down crampons, machines to spray sauce evenly over your kitchen surfaces, they're all waiting for you on Téléshopping....... 

It is my favourite programme.

I often loll in bed on a Saturday morning when, I believe, there is THREE different programmes all flogging 'treasure' one after another.

There is Mr Smarmy, then Weather Girl and I think another.

I'm going to buy a diamond. 

Have you seen the quality?  The brilliance.  The cut.  Guaranteed or your money back....

Teleshoppoing used to have some charm ten years ago, a kind of rolling Ideal Homes show.

But the novelty has worn off now that there are about twenty channels on Sky, 24 hours a day, offering ever more ludicrous styles of presentation.

In my opinion it  was never the same after Pierre Bellemare left / got the push.

Incidentally the son of the said M Bellemare is now one of the main presenters on the M6 shopping channel. Who said France isn't a small country.

"But with this super pillow, not only do your back, neck, and head remain in perfect alignment at all times, but you wake up refreshed, your make-up is intact, and your breasts remain large and firm."

Crikey SB, I think I had better give that one a miss. I must admit though that I love the DIY bloke. He is the most natural disaster for years and confident with it !

John.

SB, silly cow that I am, I bought the super pillow, well two of them actaually, coz I don,t sleep well. Do I wake up refreshed? Is my makeup intact? Are my breasts large and firm?............?????????????? Thought the third one as we dicussed the other day was to do with menopause and hormones and all that!!!

Janey