Nouvelle Star

Meo

• 1 month later...

Definitely the best voice of the lot, but he doesn't move like the younger, child-free ones (and there's a lesson for all of us!).   The guy with the spiky hair was fun tho.

Love watching Marianne James in this, isn't she just amazing?   Don't know who that Manu Katché is, he makes me laugh.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah well, poor old Roland's gone.   I think the other two have more appeal for the teen audience.

But Manu Katché really should have kept his hat on, even if it is brown.  I kept thinking of Nexusis saying "s'ils sortent de cela, je ne vais plus jamais me raser la tête".      Still can't make up my mind whether he's cooler than Zaphod Beeblebrox or just a wonker.   It's difficult to tell.

The other two blokes look like they're strays from a soup kitchen.  But it's been fun, or am I the only one watching it? 

No, you're not totally alone. I've seen some of it, but it's not a patch on the English programmes on which it is based (even has the same theme tune) as the French judges come nowhere near Simon Cowell etc. One thing I couldn't get over, I think it was last week, was the close-up shot of a member of the audience in the front row wearing a T-shirt with the English F word in big letters, I didnt think even French TV directors were that naive (or the opposite).

I'm afraid I'm glad Roland has gone - he had scary eyes. Go Pierrick! It would seem the people in tv land don't worry too much about the 'f word' - even the panel themselves have used it a couple of times, and always to add weight to a compliment as far as I can tell.

Jane

Are you talking about Star Academy?  If you are, then I think it is much older than the UK version, which only started two or three years ago and in my view isn't a patch on the French one - you see much less of the training and rehearsal, which is the most interesting bit for me.   But I haven't seen either recently, so may be out of date,though.

On the 'f' word:  a few years ago we were wandering round a small supermarket when all of sudden we heard from the muzak speakers "you sexy mother****er...."    We couldn't stop laughing - above all because it seemed such an inappropriate place......

NO NO NO !!! Has to be Myriam, without a doubt!!! Watched it for 4 years running now, love it !!!

Roland is lovely and he can sing, I,m sure he,ll be offered a recording contract anyway Pierrick, well, my 13 yr old loves him but I think he needs a bit more time to improve. But for me Myriam, considering she,s never had a singing leson in her life, I personally think she,s got a brilliant voice ( and she comes from the same village where my son goes to lycee).

SB, I agree with you, I think Marion James is great, she say,s exactly what she thinks. And did you know that Manu used to play drums for Sting??

Myriam, Myriam, Myriam

Janey