As it's Mothers Day today

Mr Coeur de Lion

Hi ! yes, as an Aussie I bought my Mum something for today, but, have received zero for myself. Am remaining tightlipped until the 28th when there should be no excuses. With FIVE garcons I well and truly deserve a Fete de Meres!!.

[quote user="wen"]Hi ! yes, as an Aussie I bought my Mum something for today, but, have received zero for myself. Am remaining tightlipped until the 28th when there should be no excuses. With FIVE garcons I well and truly deserve a Fete de Meres!!.[/quote]

Wasn't it you wen, who didn't get anything in March when it was Mothers Day in Britain?

I love all my little gifts I get off my daughter.  The first one was something they did for her at the creche, a yellow painted print of her little 2 month old foot on a white tile.  I'll never forget how proud I felt! I think I showed it to everone in the village.

Hope your boys remember on the 28th!  Start leaving clues - NOW!

[quote user="wen"] Am remaining tightlipped until the 28th when there should be no excuses. With FIVE garcons I well and truly deserve a Fete de Meres!!.[/quote]

I wouldn't worry, Wen.  If you live in France, your five garcons are bound to celebrate 28 May.  I live in the UK and have had to get used to my lot giving me presents on Mothering Sunday (and nothing on 26 May, which is Mother's Day in my country).  But I always try to remember to get a suitable card when they are around in the shops around March/April to send to my Mum in May!

I hope you'll have a great day on 28 May!

If I try to tell our two lads that its Fete de Meres at the end of May, having gone through the Mothers Day lark last month (or whenever it was), with cocked-up Interflora deliveries etc, they'll go mad !

Please spare us.

Next thing, there'll be a KKK or Twinkle Day.

Grumpy of SE France

Actually I forgot about Mums Day in the UK !. I too love those little gifts the kiddies make in the classroom. My favourite card of all was the very first card my eldest son made when he started school. It said simply " Hoppy Mitter's Day Mum! ".  The spelling  made it even better and I think I'll be buried with that card:) Getting all teary now....

I certainly knew this year when Mother's day was in UK. When was it ? forgot already! Anyway... My daughter (studying Primary School teaching) had to get the kids motivated to this effort, at her school placement she was at.  She rang me about a week before to ask :'Do you have any new ideas that I could get the kids to produce for Mother's day other than these naff cards we used to make as kids?...'

.... So 20 years on the making of these cards had not much change in its format...   I suggested that if the school funds did permit, to get the kids to bring any old yogurt tub, the school gets a small bag of compost and some flower seeds and get the kids to grow some flowers... A little longer lasting than just the card...

As to the French Mother's day.... I am still waiting as regard to my children remembering it. Only my Mother (in France) and I (in Wales) will call each other that day and will monopolise the phone for a good hour or two... and OH will query : 'Who you're talking to? Diner's burning!'  ...  'Your Mother-in-law!'  ...  'Oh!...Send her my regards, I am going to the pub!...'

[quote user="Ian Horn"]

If I try to tell our two lads that its Fete de Meres at the end of May, having gone through the Mothers Day lark last month (or whenever it was), with cocked-up Interflora deliveries etc, they'll go mad !

Please spare us.

Grumpy of SE France

[/quote]

That'd be lovely!  Oh ,you're such a sweetie Ian.  Did you know that there is a fete des Grandmeres in france?  March the 5th.

Oh no, not the 28th. I had convinced myself it was the next weekend (4th june?) and I've accepted an invite to a birthday party for the whole family, but Mother in law is bound to be upset if l'enfant miracle isn't there. [:@]

[quote user="TWINKLE"][quote user="Ian Horn"]

Please spare us.

Grumpy of SE France

[/quote]

That'd be lovely!  Oh ,you're such a sweetie Ian.  Did you know that there is a fete des Grandmeres in france?  March the 5th.

[/quote]