Amusing

Clair

LOL, thanks Clair.

A couple of them are universal, but the article and the examples are funny.

My OH thinks he's ace at 'Boffing', and 'Baaaaah Ooouuuehing'  - not that those are in there - but he isn't[:)]

I couldn't get the 'red card' section (for being really offensive) to work.[Www]

• 3 weeks later...

I just heard about this website on Sky news and had a peek on there hoping I might learn something.  My elderly French neighbour often uses a gesture that at first horrified me.  She uses the hand gesture that in the UK means w....r????   I realised (hoped) that this must mean something different to the UK version but would love to have an interpretation from someone who knows. She is a lovely old lady and I would hate to think that it has the same meaning here as in the UK!!  I have seen other people use it followed by the Gallic Shrug.

Pat

[quote user="peebee"]

My elderly French neighbour often uses a gesture that at first horrified me.  She uses the hand gesture that in the UK means w....r????  

[/quote]

I think you'll find it has the same meaning here Pat...............[:)] and, you know that the world is absolutely full of them anyway, isn't it..............[Www]

Hello all, new here

am living in the north and still trying to understand the French culture...

I saw this post about French gestures and I was wondering whether any of you noticed this odd gesture that implies that someone is drunk, turning your fist around the nose with one finger holding out..? Or is it just a northern thing?

Not just a northen thing I think, the French I work with (from all over France) are familiar with it.  There is a variation, to imply somone is completely 3 sheets to the wind you use both fists, one in front of the other, and contra-rotate - sounds more complicated than it is!

What part of Ooop Narf are you?

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

There is a variation, to imply somone is completely 3 sheets to the wind you use both fists, one in front of the other, and contra-rotate

[/quote]

never seen that one! or maybe I have and just can't remember... :p

As the name suggests I'm living in 59- lille area. It's a nice region, reminds me a lot of northern England, shame though the similarities don't stop when it comes to the weather...