Green string soup

Iceni

Well I love fennel soup but it is funny that I never realised just how I made it. I normally cook the florence fennel bulbs in the evening and freeze the stems and fern for the soup for a few days later.

We have loads of self seeded fennel and some is in the wrong place so as the 'boys' are out today I decided to make some fresh fennel and spinach soup for their return. I have created what I can only describe as green string soup and it is going to take a lot of cooking in my pressure cooker to make it edible. The only difference, the tops were fresh and not frozen which I suppose breaks down the cellulose and improves it soup abilities.

My 30 year old Magimix almost gave up the ghost and so did I (how long I will have to wash the green splashes off the walls for is another matter when the thing jumped around the work surface). So my rule from now on, if I am being thrifty and using tops of veggies for soup, freeze them first.

Anyone else going to own up to a little 'mistake'. We tend to eat our veggies aldente and also have to learn that not everyone likes their food crunchy . Not soup I might add, I like that - well soupy.

Di
http://www.iceni-it.co.uk

>>We have loads of self seeded
>fennel and some is in
>the wrong place so as
>the 'boys' are out today
>I decided to make some
>fresh fennel and spinach soup
>for their return.

Soup! Today! Is it cold in the Lot, Di?

regards.....helen
ps My celery soup was a bit stringy last time I made it (March maybe) so I put it through the sieve, then added cream and heated it up. T'was nice.

pps Have just read "Eats, shoots and leaves" so am putting apostrophes in all the right places, I hope. But it hasn't helped my spelling!